The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL - - - 2019

Happy New Year to everyone on the Forum, especially the guys who take the time to post on this thread.

Boo, Ron, Boux and Chuck - Thank you for your well wishes..

Ron, Good luck with the dentist office. You may find that it's all a big mistake! It seems to be difficult today to get any work done in a proper manner. We called Spectrum to have our services put on a seasonal hold. The start date is well into the future. However, fifteen minutes later we couldn't call out on our phone. We used a cell phone and discovered that the phone system had been shut off! Got that turned back on and then two hours later nobody could call us! All they got was a dead line.. Called Spectrum again and got that straightened out.. Like I say, nobody does their job correctly today.. It's sad.. I'd hate to be running a company again, I'd be firing idiots right and left and they'd probably all sue me! My motto was if you can't do it correctly, don't do it at all! And if you can't do it right, I don't want ya!

Anyway, I hope 2019 is a wonderful year for all concerned..

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Mornin Hinder Finder .. c950b120fe2793406482d1d13ae3ec43.jpg

Goooooooooooooood Mornin Gang .. 918370bcb8ceac2351abb10917825b56 (Medium).jpg

Thought 4 2day ..d421a74cef98647dae1ec72501fa5025.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Gang, I ran across this item in H/D the other day, I have this thing about flashlights, I like a REALLY bright one that lasts more than 10 minutes before it decides to throw a hissy fit, anyway saw this and bought it ...440 lumens THAT is pretty bright for a flashlight this small and the "run" times are pretty damn good too, easier for you guys to visit the H/D site N read the particulars for yourself.. I bought the 2 pack for $19.88(SPECIAL BUY) I don't like to recommend "tools" unless I use them myself, and believe me these lil buggers are worth the money

https://www.homedepot.com/s/coast%20400%20flaslight?NCNI-5

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Gang, I ran across this item in H/D the other day, I have this thing about flashlights, I like a REALLY bright one that lasts more than 10 minutes before it decides to throw a hissy fit, anyway saw this and bought it ...440 lumens THAT is pretty bright for a flashlight this small and the "run" times are pretty damn good too, easier for you guys to visit the H/D site N read the particulars for yourself.. I bought the 2 pack for $19.88(SPECIAL BUY) I don't like to recommend "tools" unless I use them myself, and believe me these lil buggers are worth the money

Should I point out you could get 210 more lumins for the same price?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coast-G...-SearchPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-305318390-_-N

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry I missed the fact that you bought the two pack. So you got a better deal.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry I missed the fact that you bought the two pack. So you got a better deal.

Yeah that's what made me buy it, the only thing I don't care for, is the carousel battery holder, BUT I can understand space and manufacturing issues, no matter .... these things, for their size, weight, features, & lifetime warranty, ya can't go wrong....
read the full description of these lights, I think ya'll will be very impressed, as I was .... :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo,

After helping one of my grand daughters and her father track a deer she'd shot across a field (no snow) with one of these StreamLights, I bought two of them. We carry one in each car. We never would have found that deer without it. I had brought two Mag Lights with me that evening and they were utterly useless.. https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/polytac

Rog

Attachments

• Haylee 2nd Deer 2016.JPG
    Haylee 2nd Deer 2016.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 6
Threads
Yeah that's what made me buy it, the only thing I don't care for, is the carousel battery holder, BUT I can understand space and manufacturing issues, no matter .... these things, for their size, weight, features, & lifetime warranty, ya can't go wrong....
read the full description of these lights, I think ya'll will be very impressed, as I was .... :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

I don't like the 3 in 1 holders myself... I hope those lights last as long as these.....

https://youtu.be/2VI0XeLp9Ss

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes you can dump the battery holder and put in an 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery in it's place. Might have to leave the cap a couple threads loose depending on the light. Get those batteries out of about any old laptop battery pack, still lots of life left for a flashlight. Chargers for the single cell batts are dirt cheap too.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have about 5 or 6 Mag-Lites layin around somewhere, after buying my first Utilitech 1000 lumen flashlight at Lowes 2 years ago for $20.00 ( Christmas Special ) .... I removed the batteries from the Mag-Lites and stored em ( somewhere ..?? ) I was hooked on these LED flashlights, the cheapie ones ( under $40.00 ) are sufficient enough for my use, BUT I have envied some of those $300.00 -$400.00 models, those Mag-lites are headed to the auction ... :smile: