The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought some used ALLOYS for R truck, doncha know, the dam things have a skosh slightly smaller diameter center bore !! DAM, DAM, DAM, gotta go buy a hone to knock - off bout a 1/32 " .. N they spossed to fit ... (factory S10 alloys) ALL the charts say they SHOULD fit, but NO, I got a bassturd set of wheels somehow !! go figure ! .. :mur:..:mad:..:confused3:

You shudda known! You and Ron run 'bout hand-in-hand when it comes to gettin' screwed when workin' on automotive projects.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dizzy-stritbooter............

Thats the thing that had 1 wire in, 4,6,or 8 out, and would direct fire to the (hopefully) correct spark plug in turn........

It was kinda the old ECU in days before coil over plugs....................

Ron,

Whatever you said, I believe it! (But I still haven't got a clue!)

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
You mean "in the shop" doesn't count? Funny thing is I do have a sorta system. I have a work bench with a bunch of drawers and I put 'like' stuff together and the impact drivers normally are right below the drill bill and related stuff drawer but I think the "shop weasels" moved em on me.

Tom

Tom,

"Shop weasels" are a bitch... Hard to keep ahead of 'em.. They will swap stuff on ya, from drawer "A" to drawer "B" and worse! I've heard them called a lot of things before, but never "weasels".. I learn something every day!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where is Doc?

Hey Boo, what happened to Doc? I miss him, he had some great tractors and LOTS of projects. I think of him every time I cruise through the Delaware Water Gap..

Doc, if you ever drop by and read this crap, know that you are missed!

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
You shudda known! You and Ron run 'bout hand-in-hand when it comes to gettin' screwed when workin' on automotive projects.

Wee's jus' gettin' edumicated................

Threads
Ya'll realize we fixin to bust the 1,000 page mark....... I don't know of any forum that has done that before........

Plus Tard ~!~!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, the newer S10 versus the older ones with the slightly bigger hub center. Ran into that with a set of ZQ8 wheels I put on my old 91. Couple minutes with the die grinder and they look real good.

The reall piss-off is that EVERY book N chart I checked shows them ALL, ... to be the same center bore 70.3 mm. I know the wheels were released in 98 but they are all saying 70.3 mm. from 82 up,... 4 the S10 ..????

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya'll realize we fixin to bust the 1,000 page mark....... I don't know of any forum that has done that before........

Plus Tard ~!~!

Yessir.
I betcha I know who is gonna be the one to do it.......................

Laissez le bon temps rouler

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
The reall piss-off is that EVERY book N chart I checked shows them ALL, ... to be the same center bore 70.3 mm. I know the wheels were released in 98 but they are all saying 70.3 mm. from 82 up,... 4 the S10 ..????

Then people weren't buyin' nor sellin' wheels, they were sellin'...........BOOKS & CHARTS !

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wheels. Just for fun.

s10 zq8 wheels.jpg

42957d1550974272-daily-yardman-thread-s10-zq8-wheels-jpg