The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I had a crap load of leaves fall from a hickory tree this year.
I do not remember this many in years past......
Anyway, me and my Huskee 54" with its MTD Transaxle went at them.
I have a drain in that area so I didn't wanna fill the drain basin and hose
with ground hickory leaves.
So, my trusty Husqvarna blower sent them flyin out of harm' way, and I set upon them
with the Huskee and mulch blades.
No mulch plug for first pass.
Directed them away from the drain, then put in the plug,lowered the deck, and drove over then a while.
Net result.....pretty much GONE, or, at least, over the ridge and chopped up pretty good.
Ensuing rains should wash them down the hill...............

I LOVE having equipment............

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shop air compressor

The 5hp Champion is running fine.

Sort of...........
It runs and pumps up A-OK, but the unloader still does not function.
When the compressor cuts off, the pressure in the discharge line slowly leaks down thru the pistons.
It should dump that air with a quick,loud hiss.........

I have replaced the unloader check ball and spring, and verified that the centrifugal weights are free.
But, it no worky like it should.

I suppose I can live with it as is, but that AIN'T MY STYLE...................

Champion Compressor 1.jpgChampion Compressor 2.jpg Champion Compressor 3.jpg

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZ, this place has been QUIET !!

Pumper54

Threads

Tom,

My brother-in-law (served 20 years in the boats) and I watched Das Boot with sub titles when it first came out.. It was very realistic all except when they had flooding through the torpedo tube. If they had moved as much water into the boat as would have occurred in that case, the movie would have been over at that point! Even a small leak under pressure is an impressive thing to behold.. We popped a zerk fitting out of a grease line for the #1 periscope when we were only down about 100-feet and that water came in like a wet bullet. A never ending wet bullet!

They have a damage control trainer in New London that used to pump water right out of the Thames River with a 25 HP electric pump to simulate flooding at depth. If you went though the trainer in the winter (like I did) you'd freeze to death long before you ever got all the leaks under control. (As soon as you'd fix one, they'd open a valve that fed the next one and water would pour in from some where else.) I remember one "leak" was simply a cut-off 2" pipe that was aimed at the compass binnacle (which is tapered) and every time we'd try to get a DC Plug (tapered soft pine wooden plug) braced off something on that binnacle it would slip off and blow the plug and what ever was attached to it clear across the compartment. It was a wonder one of us didn't get killed by the damn thing.. For part of the exercise we had to wear OBA's (air masks) with the lenses painted black (like the compartment was full of smoke) while people outside pounded on the "hull" with sledge hammers to simulate depth chargers going off in the distance. You couldn't see or hear! Fun - fun - fun....

Roger

I did my SCUBA training at New London and watched some of the training. I don't have a thing about being underwater but I don't think I could "do" boats.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Got a NEW router, new inkjet-printer, new laser-printer, an auto-printer switch, a Roku, some new cables, and now I got a lot of reading to do... and just to let the "cat outa the bag" ... I'm not the "brightest bulb in the box" when it comes to figuring mixing hard-wiring with wireless, I just HATE wireless ! .. :thumbdown:..:thumbdown:

mechanic.jpg...READ THE MANUAL (Small).jpg...teka-teki.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Got a NEW router, new inkjet-printer, new laser-printer, an auto-printer switch, a Roku, some new cables, and now I got a lot of reading to do... and just to let the "cat outa the bag" ... I'm not the "brightest bulb in the box" when it comes to figuring mixing hard-wiring with wireless, I just HATE wireless ! .. :thumbdown:..:thumbdown:

View attachment 41913...View attachment 41914...View attachment 41915

If you need help boo I was once paid big money to do exactly what you are needing done. So let me know if you run into any problems.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I 'm not done with my initial perusal.........
I'm not looking for a place to put into port; just admiring the island's contours.

I second that. This is no different to me than going to an ART gallery.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 415,861

Total views 613