Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 300.jpg
Hinder

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

No worries. But sometimes you have to speed up KARMA. I noticed that our sales numbers did not match the receiving department amount of stuff I unloaded from all the trucks. Towards the end of the month we would sale a lot of lumber to the builders and then it would be returned the next month. He would get bonuses based on sales and the was not selling as much as he said it was. District manager was very interested in this. They estimated he got over 4 million in bonuses he did not deserve in the 5 years as store manager. I loved taking him down. It let me know the world can be fair sometimes. Most if not all of the time I do not care about this stuff but this guy just got under my skin all the time. I could not shake him. I worked there for 2 years and he was so phony I could not stand to be near him. His voice just made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

It sounds like you certainly did the right thing.. It would have been nice if the company had rewarded you in some way, but I supposed seeing him locked up was worth something..

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Meeester Goooomba ......
I got to thinkin about your cold Arthritic hands out on that FREEZING boat, I was gonna send this info in a PM or email but I figured maybe some of our Yankee friends could be interested in this as well...... just remember to remove gloves BEFORE going to pee .. :laughing:..:laughing:

https://pksafety.com/blog/ninjas-that-fight-ice-the-best-gloves-for-handling-icy-water/[

Boo,

This looks like the best choice. I have tried gloves very similar to this but the exterior coating wasn't up to the rigors of handling critters with sharply pointed shells. After a fairly short period of time the outer coating had worn away and then the insulating neoprene foam wore out and all that was left was the inner liner. However, even after the waterproof coating was violated, they still kept my hands warm even though they were wet, just like a wet suit does. Unfortunately once the ambient temperature dropped to freezing the wind would remove what insulating quality they had and I'd freeze to death..

My buddy is nearly 20 years younger than I am and still has good circulation in his hands and fingers. He can get away with a simple insulated rubber glove, which is exactly what I was using at the end of the year with additional liners inside them.

It was nice yesterday and we found our last two traps and got them hauled out. I did have to shovel out 3" of wet snow that had settled into the cockpit of the boat before we went out though. All done fishing for this year..

Thanks for the glove research. Even though the cloth ones say they are waterproof, I know they wouldn't work. If I hadn't chewed up fingers on each hand with a router, I wouldn't have the circulation problems that I do.

Rog

Attachments

• DSCN0166_098.jpg
    DSCN0166_098.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 8

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

This looks like the best choice. I have tried gloves very similar to this but the exterior coating wasn't up to the rigors of handling critters with sharply pointed shells. After a fairly short period of time the outer coating had worn away and then the insulating neoprene foam wore out and all that was left was the inner liner. However, even after the waterproof coating was violated, they still kept my hands warm even though they were wet, just like a wet suit does. Unfortunately once the ambient temperature dropped to freezing the wind would remove what insulating quality they had and I'd freeze to death..

My buddy is nearly 20 years younger than I am and still has good circulation in his hands and fingers. He can get away with a simple insulated rubber glove, which is exactly what I was using at the end of the year with additional liners inside them.

It was nice yesterday and we found our last two traps and got them hauled out. I did have to shovel out 3" of wet snow that had settled into the cockpit of the boat before we went out though. All done fishing for this year..

Thanks for the glove research. Even though the cloth ones say they are waterproof, I know they wouldn't work. If I hadn't chewed up fingers on each hand with a router, I wouldn't have the circulation problems that I do.

Rog

Router my arse !! we told you to watch out for chastity belts ... BUT NO ! you just don't listen ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo,

If I hadn't chewed up fingers on each hand with a router, I wouldn't have the circulation problems that I do.

Rog

I've heard about women who have teeth........you know.....down THERE......

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I've heard about women who have teeth........you know.....down THERE......

Something akin to "snappers" .. :laughing:...:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Just checking in. Been really busy chasing leaves straight to a surprise snowfall to plow repairs. This is how it came home.

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_133342475.jpg
    IMG_20181117_133342475.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 12

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
NASCAR

Well,,WOOHOOO...............my boy joey logano wan. nice job,joey. My favorite driver/car, #78
finished second in the team's last race of their last season.
Good luck driving for Joe Gibbs, Martin Truex Jr.!!