The Daily Yardman Thread

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

WHAT....???

Do you mean that in the context of "that's too much text for me to comprehend", or in the context of "I can't hear you because I don't use ear protection" ?

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Easter to all y'all on the forum!

Happy April Fool's Day as well........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Do you mean that in the context of "that's too much text for me to comprehend", or in the context of "I can't hear you because I don't use ear protection" ?

We never had ear protection when I was growin-up , cept for a wool watch-mans cap or ear-muffs if it was cold.. :rolleyes:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Easter Folks! Off to NY to wife's sister's for dinner. As soon as wife is ready, as usual. Were supposed to leave 20 minutes ago and she's still camping out in bathroom.

Winter Weather Advisory for 2 to 4 inches of snow Monday, lol. Not going to even bother putting plow on. Whatever manages to accumulate won't be around long.

I try to protect my hearing, now that it's too late. Significant damage to my left ear from my days working with drilling rigs and the ring of a 140 pound hammer driving sampling tubes. My Husqvarna blower is 112 decibels at my ears at WOT. Taking 25 off that with hearing protection is still pretty loud.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Happy Easter to all y'all on the forum!

Happy April Fool's Day as well........

DON'T threaten ME LIKE THAT !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:....:thumbsup:

Likewise good buddy !

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I use Allen Sound Sensor hearing protection. I stay away from ear muffs, as they give me headaches. Ear plugs are too much trouble.

Those look decent but I need my music to prevent total boredom being out all day mowing. I'll wear plugs sometimes. I keep packs in the truck. Sometimes I'll double up with plugs and muffs when I'm running my blower for hours at a time. But then I can't hear my music well :(

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Baby Steps

Interesting working on a motor vehicle again.
First, a freeze plug had rusted clean in half and leaked like a sieve.
Fortunately it was one I could get at. Replaced it, cost: $.99
Then, saw a drip of water on the other side. I thought another plug was bat, but, after dropping
the starter, that one was good. the water outlet onthe front of the intake was leaking, so I replaced that. $12.00
No more water leaks. I guess the rear leak was from water running the length of the intake manifold and dripping in back.
Now, pretty significant oil leak up front.
Front seal?? nope.

There are 4 tapped holes on the front of the block which were for the original '55-'57 motor mounts.
One of those is open to the crankcase in line with the fuel pump pushrod. Put a long bole in there
when changing fuel pumps to keep rod from slipping down.
Plug with a short 3/1-16 bolt from the bolt bin. Cost: $0.00 and no cents.
Now things seem to be leak free for the minute.

I picked up a Muncie 4 speed yesterday. Tranny, bell housing, used clutch and Hurst shifter. $350.00...WOW !!
Those trannys are typically over a grand.

Pedals, now THAT'S another story.
They are out there, but people are REAL proud of them.
And, options: mechanical linkage or hydraulic?? Standard brakes, vacuum assist or Hydraboost (whatever that is...)
Found a pristine set with mechanical linkage for vac brakes, totally rebuilt and painted.
The guy wanted $275.00 or best offer shipped.
In my experience, that means he is willing to drop about a dollar fifty.
I offered $225.00 and he accepted! Most others I saw were WAY more + shipping!

So, I'm making progress in baby steps.
I need a clutch ,throw out bearing and flywheel.

I wonder if I can mount a deck under it??

But, at least I'm almost done with the shop ceiling.....................

HAPPY EASTER, Y'ALL !!!!!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AHHhh I can sleep a bit easier, we signed contract for new roof, on Fri. $7300.00, shingles but I get a $250.00 rebate from the manufacturer for being a Vet , (kinda nice of GAF) BUT because of all the hurricane damaged roofs, ALL the roofers are workin super long days/hours we are scheduled for END of June, or beginning of July, ( Hurricane season starts June 1st. ) did not REALLY need roof for a few more years, but I am a P/M guy and while I've got the money saved just for that, GITTER-DUN !!

https___s3_amazonaws_com_tanga-images_sss76v8ybf7z.jpg ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Was hoping for a Play-Boy bunny this year, but all I got was a really small, chocolate covered bunny, .. :thumbdown:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Replies: 5,368
Views: 251,062

Total views