The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Some of the finish will clean up pretty well. Look at the cab door jamb at the rear of the door....

I am going to need to plan my events/activities carefully.
It takes me a few minutes of concerted effort to get up off the ground.
I may need to have to teach my wife what various tools are so she can assist with mechanical surgery.
Or, develop a tool caddy that makes all tools available all ground level........

Is it repainted, or PAAHHlish / compound ..?? ( note) not Polish, like me ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

What are those things under the doors? My truck didn't have them, lol.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

What are those things under the doors? My truck didn't have them, lol.

Those "things" directly at the bottom of the doors are called "Rustaway-panels" ... lets the cab interior drain after rain, and an easy spot to drop trash through ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Is it repainted, or PAAHHlish / compound ..?? ( note) not Polish, like me ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Jus' a touch of cleaner wax.....

primerbulb120

Threads

Damn Ron I'd love to have that except I'd prefer a 6 cyl. matic, (short hauling trips) a nice paint-job and interior clean-up (if necessary) in fact we are looking to buy an older pee-cup truck that is easy to work on, most pee-cup's in our area (horse / rural) country are much worn-out or abused by "Mudder's"..:thumbdown:

My truck is easy to work on. 1994 F150 inline 6 with an auto transmission. Only major problems I have had are a failed transmission, a worn out water pump, a leaking fuel tank and a bad power steering line.

primerbulb120

Threads

Also, I did not work on any mowers today. I repaired a Ryobi power head that wouldn't start, and worked on an Echo PE-200. The Echo needed a new blade, more grease on the driveshaft, rebuilt carb, new fuel lines and filter, new air filter, new crankcase (bad bearings due to water in the case) and the piston was stuck in the cylinder (also due to water intrusion.) I swapped over the crankcase from an Echo ES-210 that had scored cylinder.

Other repairs I have done this week: Put a new (used) engine in an old Weed Eater Featherlite, fixed the starters on two newer Featherlites, fixed two Ryobi blowers that wouldn't run correctly and repaired another Ryobi power head that wouldn't rev properly.

primerbulb120

Threads

I am also going to be swapping a 110cc Chinese ATV engine into a go kart, or I might put in a 250cc engine instead. Don't know yet.

primerbulb120

Threads

Oh, I also fixed the self propel cable on a Toro mower and made $15.50 in 5 minutes.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Jus' a touch of cleaner wax.....

AFTER... you get her washed and a coat of YOUR fav polish or wax ( I use NU-Finish orange bottle) as a cleaner polish, then I wait a few days to let it "cure", rewash, and then apply this FANTASTIC stuff, a real surface protectant, used by our military, commercial airlines, and aviation buffs, even on the Prez's bird !! THIS STUFF WORKS !! ...... protects against acid-rain, bird-schitt and sap, unbelievably !!

http://rolitecompany.com/product/rps16z/

AIR 3.jpg...AIR1.JPG...AIR2.JPG

AIR 4.jpg...AIR 6.png

BOTH products............ EZ on EZ off even in SUNLIGHT !

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

My truck is easy to work on. 1994 F150 inline 6 with an auto transmission. Only major problems I have had are a failed transmission, a worn out water pump, a leaking fuel tank and a bad power steering line.

So is all that FIXED ?? AND ... are you telling ME you wanna sell it ??