The Daily Yardman Thread

Pumper54

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Roger,

You asked for motorcycle pictures and here you are.
My 1977 Harley:Shovel (2).jpg

My 1998 Harley:100_2573.jpg

My 2012 Harley: Rojo at farm (2).jpg

And yours truly as a movie star: Movie star 1983.jpg LMAO

Tom

Pumper54

Threads

Boo,
Really cool thing is I am the first owner of the 1977 and 2012 bikes and the third owner of the 1998 white bike. It is a former Beaumont, Texas police bike. The silver 77 is "The Shovel" (nick name for the engine in the '66 to '84 Harleys), the white 98 is "Cloud" because it has a police air ride seat on it and is a "puffy white cloud" and the red '12 is "Rojo".
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Nice "Collection" Tom ....BUT when ya get my age , ...... 1 of everything is Enuff !!
1 car, 1 house, 1 girlfriend , 1 mistress, 1 hooker, 1 casual acquaintance, 1 divorcee, 1 pleasure seeker, AND... 1 wife !! ..( LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
MOTORCYCLES

TOM!

Those are GREAT! Do you currently own all those bikes?! (Or are they like boats? - Never a good idea to own more than one at a time.)

I went to Sturgis once in 2004, but I got there about a week and a half AFTER "Sturgis".. Know what I mean? Best thing was, the tee shirts were on sale! LOL...

Now if we can just get Bert-Man to post his pommie Beeza, or Trumpie, or Norton, or whatever we'll have International interest!

I had a Vespa once when I was first living down in the Keys.. (1963) I junked the muffler and used some flexible piping and a 'sort of' muffled exhaust tip that I 'salvaged' from a VW bug.. I actually dumped it one night when I hit gravel on a sharp turn by Topino's Gravel Works when I was trying to elude the cops and ended up in the mangroves. They never saw me out in the pucker willows (a.k.a. as "mangroves") and went right by me.. Once I got the handlebars realigned with the front wheel, I was able to putt-putt my way back home.. Both me and the Vespa were somewhat worse for the wear.

Biggest bike I ever owned was a Honda 450 twin... Sad, huh???

Rog

Pumper54

Threads

Roger,
Still have all three. Ride the red one the most. Shovel is kick start only so I might take it to "Bike night" at the local dealers to impress people. White one is currently under going a heart transplant as it had a base gasket leak and some minor up grades.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OK ...OK .... made me dig thru my old photos...

I had the Ducati ..98cc. the others are what us guys were riding on our paper-routes circa ( 1959 - 1966 )

400px_16603374898_1.jpg...1958_ducati_98ts.jpg...Cushman Super Eagle.jpg

mustang.jpg...SCAN0010.JPG...SCAN0011.JPG

SCAN0012.JPG...Vespa_sport.jpg

Pumper54

Threads

Boo,
There are some good looking bikes there. Houston has a HUGE Cushman Club and they rode up to one of the motorcycle meeting spots one weekend and were a big hit with everyone. Super cool looking bikes from bone stock looking ones to a couple that Pee Wee Herman would ride. Couple of guys I talked to said that a Vanguard V-Twin is a direct bolt in replacement engine. Did not know that at all. Lots of chromed out engines in those scooters. Pretty wild, wish I had taken pictures.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,
There are some good looking bikes there. Houston has a HUGE Cushman Club and they rode up to one of the motorcycle meeting spots one weekend and were a big hit with everyone. Super cool looking bikes from bone stock looking ones to a couple that Pee Wee Herman would ride. Couple of guys I talked to said that a Vanguard V-Twin is a direct bolt in replacement engine. Did not know that at all. Lots of chromed out engines in those scooters. Pretty wild, wish I had taken pictures.
Tom

Yeah those old Cushmans were EVERYWHERE ... Even the mail-carriers had a 3 wheel scooter type
our school parking lots were loaded with scooters / cycles because back then in Florida you could get a RESTRICTED drivers license at age 14 ... you could have a 2 wheel cycle ( 5 brake HP or less ...HA,HA, yea RIGHT !! ) or drive a car with a LICENSED adult in the car ...daylight to dusk .....OUR dusk was bout midnight ( LOL ) Sold my Ducati in 66 when leaving for Uncle Sam ( Viet-Nam was startin to rock n roll )...

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Motorcycles

Boo,

All I want to know is, who is the chick on Restless?

Rog