The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Clyde's Daily Thing to Be Mad At

I believe that Ryan Cooper is to be taken tongue-in-cheek.
Or, at least I hope so.
I can't believe that anyone would take him seriously..............

I mean, I KNOW that B&S is emissions conscious, as my 2bbl Nikki carb on my 26hp V-Twin has 2 different sized jets:
Larger one on the #1 or lead cyl, and smaller on the #2 cyl, as, due to "cylinder lag," the power output of the #2 cyl
is reduced as it fires just behind the #1cyl, reducing the required fuel/air mixture.
Leaning that mix reduces emissions...................

Besides, my Murray weed eater has an ECU,fuel injection, a A.I.R. pump, catalytic converter, EGR valve,Oxygen sensors, and a multi planer differential passive thermostat thingy in order to analyze and regulate the gas/oil mix as well as the fuel/air mix 10,000 times per second.
I have to mount it amidships on my lawn tractor, as hanging it off either end would completely ruin traction or steering effectiveness.........

NO sweat about this B/S .. I would venture to say, trying to take-away gas powered lawn-equipment, is akin to trying to take the "Deplorables" guns away ! I MIGHT even think about that conversation,.. of taking away my lawn-equipment, passing through one ear and out the other, .. IF Al Gore, and ALL .. Jet aircraft including OUR Military operated aircraft, ( including the reciprocating prop versions ) ceased using fossil fuel engines and converted to battery-power, I just MIGHT think a lil harder about listening to THAT B/S ! AND !! what will they do about stopping emissions from erupting Volcanoes..?? Hawaii is in DEEP schitt, care to check just how much of a volcano's eruption gases far exceed, anything they can prevent from almost all fossil fuel powered equipment combined ?? Maybe IF, we start with California by banning ALL fossil fuel products into their state, for any and all reasons, then do a study, ( at least 10 years ) to see how their health and quality of life measures up, they may get some serious attention, Until that time, Gentlemen (and Ladies) , Start Your Engines !! ..Vroom, Vrooom

:thumbdown:..:thumbdown:..:smiley_aafz:..:smiley_aafz:

:thumbdown:..:thumbdown:..:smiley_aafz:..:smiley_aafz:..:thumbdown:..:thumbdown:..:smiley_aafz:..:smiley_aafz:..

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

It is already been said that if 20% more electric cars are put on the road that our power grid would fail. The battery is not the way to go. The man is stupid but educated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Good insight there, Roger.

That senator from California has previously attempted to introduce legislation banning "assault weapons,"
including the AR-15, but specifically excluding the Mini 14 Ruger.
Those 2 weapons are functionally identical; same ammo, same rate of fire, etc.
Other than their tactical vs traditional appearances, the only definable difference is that the AR has a pistol grip.
The AR is the non-assault version of the M-16, and, I guess, that is good enough for the gun control nuts.....

I had been shooting a little bit in my youth and was not a bad shot.
However we managed to get by without self loading rifles and apart from tossing so much lead at a person they can not put their head up to see what is going on I can see no need for rapid fire weapons.
In fact I used my grandfathers single shot breech loading rifle and managed to end the night with more foxes & rabbits than any others in the group on more than one occasion.
So I can see no reason for needing to unload 25 rounds ( or more) in a single burst .
I can see a valid use for pump action shotguns, having used them for snake & rat erradication and trying to hit a moving target that is around 1.5" to 3" diameter from less than its striking distance is not easy and a miss can be quite fatal down here.

The original legislation was quite balanced and good however using the "if a little is good so a lot MUST be better " theory, when it became apparent that Joe Public was behind the original restrictions, they went overboard, the press got behind it ( we have no gun factories down here other than the government one ) it got a life of its own to the point now a Swiss Army style knife is now illegal in public & my wife was actually charged because she was "caught" with a fruit knife in her posession ( she was eating fruit ) on a train ( 2 hour daily commute ).

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

I have found something new to be mad at:

http://theweek.com/articles/739688/government-must-regulate-lawn-equipment-seriously

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::smiley_aafz:

The LAST thing we need is more government regulations on lawn equipment. And don't even TRY to take away my backpack blower, there is no battery powered backpack that will come close to the performance of the 570BTS.

It is coming weather you like it or not.
And that pile of drivel is exactly what will power it.
What he says is in fact true, same as what economists say is true , they are just selective about what "truth" they quote and of course the relevance of that truth.
You can not create photochemical smog from a leaf blower ,10 leaf blowers, 100 leaf blowers or 100,000,000 leaf blowers cause the volume of exhaust fumes are just too small.
Now if he was talking about noise, he would have had a leg to stand on, but enviromental pollution is a joke.

After morons like him, you then have to fight against the self appointed ecowarriors who despite not having the science knowledge to understand what they are campaigning on will fight to the death for the just cause they can not understand.

Then there is the pack mentality of the media.
Once something looks like it has legs they all join in each one exagerating the previous exagerations till there is not a shred of reality left in it.

Look at all the BS regarding lead.
Lead got taken out of petrol because it forms a coating on catalytic converters rendering them useless.
Catalytic Converters are needed if you are burning heavy fuels that can not be burned in your engine and were introduced so Europe could use low grade Eurpoean crude for fuel rather than Arabian Light sweet crude. It had noting to do with the enviroment apart from the fact that burning the European fuel would have made all the residents of European cities sick from the unburned fuel in the exhaust.

This some how got converted to the lead in the old fuel making us sick ( which it didn't ) unless you were breathing petrol fumes right out of the can in high concentrations.

When some real science was done it was found that lead in fuel contributed almost zero to enviromental lead and the biggest source was lead in paint , which I should not have to tell navy men about,
So some 15 years after this dangerous lead was removed from petrol, it got removed from paint.
I see all the BS "science" about soil samples near roads reducing lead levels because of lead free fuel totally ignoring all the lead from paint.
And the worse thing about it is if you do the math, the volume of lead in the soils around Australian roads is somewhere around 200 times the volume of lead added to fuels world wide.
Thus now lead is SO toxic it can not be used anywhere apart from starting batteries .

primerbulb120

Threads

It is coming weather you like it or not.
And that pile of drivel is exactly what will power it.
What he says is in fact true, same as what economists say is true , they are just selective about what "truth" they quote and of course the relevance of that truth.
You can not create photochemical smog from a leaf blower ,10 leaf blowers, 100 leaf blowers or 100,000,000 leaf blowers cause the volume of exhaust fumes are just too small.
Now if he was talking about noise, he would have had a leg to stand on, but enviromental pollution is a joke.

After morons like him, you then have to fight against the self appointed ecowarriors who despite not having the science knowledge to understand what they are campaigning on will fight to the death for the just cause they can not understand.

Then there is the pack mentality of the media.
Once something looks like it has legs they all join in each one exagerating the previous exagerations till there is not a shred of reality left in it.

Look at all the BS regarding lead.
Lead got taken out of petrol because it forms a coating on catalytic converters rendering them useless.
Catalytic Converters are needed if you are burning heavy fuels that can not be burned in your engine and were introduced so Europe could use low grade Eurpoean crude for fuel rather than Arabian Light sweet crude. It had noting to do with the enviroment apart from the fact that burning the European fuel would have made all the residents of European cities sick from the unburned fuel in the exhaust.

This some how got converted to the lead in the old fuel making us sick ( which it didn't ) unless you were breathing petrol fumes right out of the can in high concentrations.

When some real science was done it was found that lead in fuel contributed almost zero to enviromental lead and the biggest source was lead in paint , which I should not have to tell navy men about,
So some 15 years after this dangerous lead was removed from petrol, it got removed from paint.
I see all the BS "science" about soil samples near roads reducing lead levels because of lead free fuel totally ignoring all the lead from paint.
And the worse thing about it is if you do the math, the volume of lead in the soils around Australian roads is somewhere around 200 times the volume of lead added to fuels world wide.
Thus now lead is SO toxic it can not be used anywhere apart from starting batteries .

I agree. I think the government needs to spend money dealing with more important issues, like the issue of why they are even thinking of dealing with such issues as this in the first place. :confused2:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

I was deep in argument with one of the self riteous planet savers when I floored her with a simple statistic.
One 747 at full thrust taking off from Macsot airport pumps more unburned hydrocarbons into the atmosphere than every 2 stroke lawn mower running for a full year.
So if she really wanted to save the planet perhaps she could campaign to close down all the airports ( She had just been on holidays to Bali ).

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I was deep in argument with one of the self riteous planet savers when I floored her with a simple statistic.
One 747 at full thrust taking off from Macsot airport pumps more unburned hydrocarbons into the atmosphere than every 2 stroke lawn mower running for a full year.
So if she really wanted to save the planet perhaps she could campaign to close down all the airports ( She had just been on holidays to Bali ).

The little trails left by a jat when it is flying is umburnt fuel.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 137,099

Threads

In reply to a post about Christmas............ All I want for that day day is for everyone tooooooo be safe and enjoy life at it's fullest............

This song is made by a dear friend of mine and she can belt it out ......................

https://youtu.be/UqHN0oTvzKw

Enjoy Mes Ami ~!~!