The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Now wait a minute Boo, we don't want to cut Tom, OR Texas out, this is going to be an on-going, all-inclusive, RALLY. The only things between Texas and Missouri are Arkansas or Oklahoma depending which way you go! Everyone from the East can meet in Missouri and everyone from the West can meet in Texas - - -

Wait a minute!....... Then what in he!! are we gonna do, that ain't gonna work... let me see . . . . . .

Boo, we're gonna need a recreation director, you want the job? I know on cruise ships the Rec Director is usually a nice lookin' woman and . . .. that, - you ain't, . . but we need someone who has imagination and drive and you got both of them in spades... how about designing two routes for us, one headed West from the East and one headed East from the West with lots of stops along the way, maybe with diversions to the North and South and then we could loop up (or down) and around and end up in - - - Where? That's the whole problem, isn't it? Man I'm gittin' dizzy jus' thinkin' 'bout it... We need a geography major or sumpthin'...

Roge

primerbulb120

Threads

The Murray is now finished:

:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

The Murray is now finished:

:thumbsup:

HOLEY MOLEY ... now thats right on KICK -***** ... that is a good lookin piece of work !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

Pumper54

Threads
Re: LMA - Swap Meets - Rallys - etc.....

SORRY Tom ... looks like a CHANGE in plans... HARALDS up in MISERY with Chuck first

607 miles, piece of cake for me on my motorcycle, hell I have friends along the way so I could take my time and enjoy the ride. I would ride my bike because then I could not load up the truck with "stuff" to haul back. ;-)

Tom

Pumper54

Threads

primerbulb120,

That is one sweet looking machine.
Tom

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Primer-Man,

That is a sweet piece of work! Nice job!!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
HARALD'S LAWN TRACTOR GRAVEYARD

Be forewarned lawn mower enthusiasts! Watching this video will either make you cry or grab your pickup truck and head to Harald's!!

This is painful to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkr90AmIg_4

When you get to YouTube you will discover there are a dozen or more similar videos showing lawnmower graveyards.. It is sad, but on the other hand it offers those of us interested in saving old mowers a valuable source of parts if not entire machines!

Roge B

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: HARALD'S LAWN TRACTOR GRAVEYARD

Be forewarned lawn mower enthusiasts! Watching this video will either make you cry or grab your pickup truck and head to Harald's!!

This is painful to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkr90AmIg_4

Roge B

The really sad part is ... you look at this video & you see mostly OLDER machines ... of the days gone by, when these things were built so much better. Of course there are many more " BONE -YARDS " across
our country and ALL of this great old "iron" sits out there ...rusting away into worthless rusted powder
never to be loved .... like we we love em... soon, when there is nothing in the yards, but the junk-mowers of cheap pot-metal & plastic they build these days ..... we will be the bygone generation of those that cared enough to resurrect & preserve these GREAT machines that once were !!! Boo-Hoo WAaaah.. :frown:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: HARALD'S LAWN TRACTOR GRAVEYARD

The really sad part is we will be the bygone generation of those that cared enough to resurrect & preserve these GREAT machines that once were !!! Boo-Hoo WAaaah.. :frown:

Hang in there Boo-Boo... We're all doing our level headed best to resurrect the machines we come across! Everyone is doing the best they can.. I saw several of the old Ford LGT tractors and I've always wanted one of those. Unfortunately, even though they have a great little diesel engine, they didn't have a PTO, so there isn't much you could do with them except haul stuff around. I almost bought one once, but my better half pointed out the fact that I couldn't do much more than haul a trailer with it.

Do you know of any tractor graveyards around here?

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: LMA - Swap Meets - Rallys - etc.....

CHUCK!!!

How do you stand it? I mean do you live in Harald's backyard,or what?

Can we include a day at Harald's as part of THE GREAT LAWN TRACTOR RALLY"?

We'd like to rent every room you have in all three hotels, (assuming they are near Harald's) for the entire event!

We were thinking of holding "THE RALLY" in Texas, but we are very flexible! Missouri would work fine!

Roger

I have never been to Harald's. I'm afraid of the money I would spend. I could buy the whole place. I mean I want.to purchase the business then I would have my sickness finally taken care of. Oh the time I could spend in the bone yard.