The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Blast Cabinet Lighting

View attachment 39896

Ron,

I bought an LED undercabinet light fixture for my Blast Cabinet and mounted it in the overhead, it works great!

I was able to run the wire directly out the top of the cabinet using a cable connector. A combination switch/receptacle on the wall controls the ON/OFF. You can just see the cable coming up out of the top of the cabinet in this shot.

Rog

Think I'm gonna do this
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1032DF5047A5F12555251032DF5047A5F12&FORM=VIRE

Cheap and to duplicate, and simple enough that even Boobot the Bagman could do it (probably...)

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pocono Indycar wreck

That was one UGLY wreck at Pocono...............
I hope everybody is OK.

mhavanti

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Grab you some daylight LED rope lights from Wally World, use some clear silicone and put them around the inside top of the cabinet. Turn the cabinet upside down to silicone them in place of course. After a few minutes, you're all setto let the light show begin..

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Pocono Indycar wreck

That was one UGLY wreck at Pocono...............
I hope everybody is OK.

Just watched several film clips of wreck @ Pocono 2day, it never ceases to amaze me to see the entire car demolished, but thanks to the "cocoon" the drivers are enveloped in, they are able to survive a tremendous crash like that, KUDO'S to the safety teams designers and all involved, he lives to race another day !! .. :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 353,954

Total views 455

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Mornin Chuck .. 0ec841f65063604993fa368ad4f00434 (Small).jpg

Mornnin Guys, N U 2 Ron .. 81355cbff10f902ecfd116e14cecaae4.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 6ca0da0184f4873ff09ce375b1f21caa.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

sunrise 208.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Blast Cabinet Lighting

Think I'm gonna do this
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1032DF5047A5F12555251032DF5047A5F12&FORM=VIRE

Cheap and to duplicate, and simple enough that even Boobot the Bagman could do it (probably...)

Ron,

I had to laugh! You're right.. That "kit" certainly would be easy to duplicate! Two very cheap flood light holders, two even cheaper Raco 660 Handi boxes, two still cheaper Handi box covers with 1/2" K.O. 's And a couple not so cheap PAR 30 Halogen flood light bulbs.

I do hope you noticed they mentioned those bulbs run hot! That is an understatement! Those suckers would burn holes through your cabinet mounted gloves!! PAR 30 floods can be had in LED form (for even more money) and they run cool as cucumbers.. But that whole rig is going to project down into your work space and be in the way when you flip brake drums around to access every side.. You might also consider that the bulbs will be below the top of your viewing window, throwing light right in your face. As a lighting designer for nearly 40 years, I can't say I would recommend that arrangement.

Trust me, buy a cheap undercabinet LED light strip with a lens (or even with out) and use that. No heat, LOTS of light and No interference.. Plus much lower energy consumption... If you have space above your cabinet you can mount a Handi box on top, run your wire up into it and have the ON/OFF switch right there for easy access.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Grab you some daylight LED rope lights from Wally World, use some clear silicone and put them around the inside top of the cabinet. Turn the cabinet upside down to silicone them in place of course. After a few minutes, you're all setto let the light show begin..

Studebaker,

I agree that would be a better arrangement than those foolish flood lights. However, I 'think' the LED's in undercabinet strips put out more lumens than the LED ropes. Of course you could run the rope back and forth and cover the entire top with them, that should make up for any lack of 'light'.

Roger