Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

AND YOU Goomba !!!!

1-1a mad me.jpg...funny-quotes-someecards.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OH GREAT F&%$#@%%@&$# DAY !! one buddy is wearing panties, and another turned into a LIBERAL !! .. :thumbdown:..:confused2:..:rolleyes:..:mad:..:ashamed:..:redface:

I'm gonna start drinkin where's the closest gin-mill ???

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

CHUCK ... HEY CHUCK !!! .... I think it's gettin time to end this thread... weird people are happening .. :rolleyes:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Pictures

Speaking of pictures.. I keep clicking on all these ones that you guys submit.. Women really are beautiful creatures, aren't they? .. .. .. I know that is a rhetorical question and I know there are other beautiful things in the world, but..... women surely do top the list..

Absolute truism........most of the time......

I was wondering though, due to todays society for equality in all things, maybe you guys are letting down the LGBTQ community? I mean if you are going for the most views possible, - Like maybe some sort of World Record - shouldn't you try to attract everyone, not just WMCMAHM? (Don't ask me - I found it on the Internet.)

I sent you an email describing a new TV network I propose that addresses this topic

How about women themselves? Nothing is done on here to attract women! Some of whom may actually be offended by the gratuitous pictures of half naked members of their sex.
My wife objected to my placement of "Dawn" as my desktop picture..

I think you guys are really missing the boat.. Just throwing up a few pictures of hunky looking guys ripping around on zero-turns with their shirts off, would take care of both cisgender women AND gay men.. (The rest of all those letters BT etc.. are too puzzling for me and I have no idea what they would be interested in.)

Nah...........

Now, I'm going to go put on my flak-jacket and helmet, 'cause "True Blue Boo" is going to throw a rod...

DUCK!!!!

Tha's 'bout all I have to say 'bout that...........

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

If you ever posted pictures (Of the blast cabinet set-up) I missed them. Did you get the dust deputy knock-off? How does that work? Don't you find 60 psi a little low for quick cleaning? Mine works best from max pressure (150 psi) down to around 100 psi.

What sort of media are you using?

Rog

I'll snap a pic or 2 of the setup directly.
I did receive the dust separator that you suggested, and installation was a snap.
Connected to me Craftsman shop vac w/only a couple wraps of friction tape to seal the connection.
I installed a grill vent damper on the left side along with an internal baffle, and connected the vacuum
via PVC pipe and a vent control and wastegate slide valves on the back of the cabinet.
I have only cleaned 2 rusty drum brake backing plates so far, and have not opened the bucket to see what separated out.
60# pressure works very well!

I am using some black stuff from Tractor Supply: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/black-diamond-fine-blasting-abrasives?cm_vc=-10005

I will work on lighting nest, and employ some mods to eliminate places for the media to collect inside the cabinet.
For now, I got my blasting done!

Cheap and effective.

Cabinet overview
Blastcabinet1.jpg
Vacuum gating system
Blastcabinet2.jpg
Dust separator
Blastcabinet3.jpg

The cabinet as a whole will need to be raised off the floor at least 6"....mavbe more.
The dust collector will either be raised up or a longer downspout installed.

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

My pic for the day.

girlmower16.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

CHUCK ... HEY CHUCK !!! .... I think it's gettin time to end this thread... weird people are happening .. :rolleyes:

Just remember he is the captain. Follow orders without question unless you are talking mutiny.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'll snap a pic or 2 of the setup directly.
I did receive the dust separator that you suggested, and installation was a snap.
Connected to me Craftsman shop vac w/only a couple wraps of friction tape to seal the connection.
I installed a grill vent damper on the left side along with an internal baffle, and connected the vacuum
via PVC pipe and a vent control and wastegate slide valves on the back of the cabinet.
I have only cleaned 2 rusty drum brake backing plates so far, and have not opened the bucket to see what separated out.
60# pressure works very well!

I am using some black stuff from Tractor Supply: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/black-diamond-fine-blasting-abrasives?cm_vc=-10005

I will work on lighting nest, and employ some mods to eliminate places for the media to collect inside the cabinet.
For now, I got my blasting done!

Cheap and effective.

Cabinet overview
View attachment 39892
Vacuum gating system
View attachment 39893
Dust separator
View attachment 39894

The cabinet as a whole will need to be raised off the floor at least 6"....mavbe more.
The dust collector will either be raised up or a longer downspout installed.

Looks good Ron! You must be using what we used to call "Black Beauty". It was a sand blasting media they used in the ship yards to strip paint off the hull for repainting. It's VERY aggressive! There used to be a story about one of the "B" Girls (The last diesel/electric submarines in the US Navy) that was sandblasted in the yards and they forgot to cover over the main induction. When the engines were first started up they swallowed a lot of black beauty and that destroyed them in short order and they had to be replaced. I 'thought' it was the USS Blueback SS-581, but I couldn't find an account of it. I did note she was in the yards for an entire year back in the 70's and that may have accounted for such a long overhaul period.

The Blueback was the last diesel boat and she was a beautiful boat too!

Roger

Attachments

• USS_Blueback_(SS-581)_underway_c1960s.jpg
    USS_Blueback_(SS-581)_underway_c1960s.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 2

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Blast Cabinet Lighting

DSCN2087_955.jpg

Ron,

I bought an LED undercabinet light fixture for my Blast Cabinet and mounted it in the overhead, it works great!

I was able to run the wire directly out the top of the cabinet using a cable connector. A combination switch/receptacle on the wall controls the ON/OFF. You can just see the cable coming up out of the top of the cabinet in this shot.

Rog