The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

G' Mornin Hinder Finder .. a270cf9c860cba16059fae7f8c6c168d.jpg

G' Mornin Gang .. c759f2d91f0138eb06f8037eb8f801ec (Medium).jpg .... (Ron should like this one)

Thought 4 2day .. 16dd223d44fb5ea7dbc1e096fbe5cd36 (Medium).jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Something to REMEMBER .....

On TURKEY DAY !!!

attachment.php

dishes.jpg

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Howdy to all my tough and ruthless friends on the forum,
as well as those who are rough and toothless..............
And,of course, G'day to Bert..............

tractorgirl3.jpg

Pumper54

Threads

Xmark update:

Almost everything has been put back together till I started looking for the carb to intake manifold gasket. Nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. I decided to check to see if I even ordered one. Well, guess what? This dumb arse forgot to order one. No biggie I will just order one and all will be great. $6.70 and $19.99 shipping. No no no. Wait I have gasket material I can make my own. This is how I did it for those of you that do not know how to make your own. A picture will be attached.

1. Find the flat surface you want to copy. My carb had the best one of the 2 so I chose it.
2. Get a piece of paper and an old crayon. I like the crayon over pencil any day. Remove the outside paper of crayon.
3. Put paper flat on service you chose in step 1
4. Take the crayon and lay it long ways and move back and forth until you get all the detail of part you are making the gasket for.
5. Cut outside of paper off. Cut holes out of paper
6. Lay paper on gasket material and draw around the paper to make outside and holes show on gasket material.
7. Cut out gasket material just like paper.

You now have a gasket better than OEM

View attachment 41547
Pretty slick trick, I have seen where you take a light ball peen hammer and tap the edges of the piece to make the cut line. BUT the most important thing I see in your picture is that you have COOKIES :)
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Pretty slick trick, I have seen where you take a light ball peen hammer and tap the edges of the piece to make the cut line. BUT the most important thing I see in your picture is that you have COOKIES :)
Tom

Those cookies keep his young-un close by, so he can keep an eye on him, while he's workin on things, SMART MOVE !! ..:thumbsup: ..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Tom

I use that ball-peen trick using a socket to make holes in thin gasket material, works great with patience.. :thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Tom

Those cookies keep his young-un close by, so he can keep an eye on him, while he's workin on things, SMART MOVE !! ..:thumbsup: ..:laughing:

Yes, the cookies... I was going to mention that the gasket is down here so quit eyeballing my cookies.:laughing::laughing: Yes, it keeps him close but the plate is empty now.

Threads

Xmark update:

Almost everything has been put back together till I started looking for the carb to intake manifold gasket. Nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. I decided to check to see if I even ordered one. Well, guess what? This dumb arse forgot to order one. No biggie I will just order one and all will be great. $6.70 and $19.99 shipping. No no no. Wait I have gasket material I can make my own. This is how I did it for those of you that do not know how to make your own. A picture will be attached.

1. Find the flat surface you want to copy. My carb had the best one of the 2 so I chose it.
2. Get a piece of paper and an old crayon. I like the crayon over pencil any day. Remove the outside paper of crayon.
3. Put paper flat on service you chose in step 1
4. Take the crayon and lay it long ways and move back and forth until you get all the detail of part you are making the gasket for.
5. Cut outside of paper off. Cut holes out of paper
6. Lay paper on gasket material and draw around the paper to make outside and holes show on gasket material.
7. Cut out gasket material just like paper.

You now have a gasket better than OEM

View attachment 41547

Yes great idea, and you have watch out for the small tiny vent holes or hole if the original gasket had one..... I have taken in two mowers in the last month with homemade gaskets... Made by the same guy.. He made the 4 gaskets for a Honda GCV 160 and no holes in them......

Then a Briggs engine with the primer system on a 6.25 and no holes for the air to flow.... I picked up 2 more customers because of homemade gaskets not cut right.... Yes you have a great trick with the crayons doing that.... HMMMM maybe that's why you have cookies there..... Trading cookies for the crayon .... LOL

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

G' Mornin Hinder Finder .. 6684293cbbfa3245f7f7a6bef444e6c0.jpg

G' Morning Guys .. 808ac130da56443475ea338c1a164e3b.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 6bacad557ee72135b99c325e507418c4.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads