The Daily Yardman Thread

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Smoking!! She's friggin' SMOKIN'!?!?! (And I don't mean 'hot' either..)

I thought that was a lollipop stick........... Rog The Lori's or short far Lortabs 10 Milligram strongest they got....

No I'm not the Swamp Man on TV but sure did everything he does........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: C10 brakes

BY FAR..............

the toughest step in installing the new brakes on the C10 is....................connecting the E-brake cable to the actuator lever..
Ya need about 6 people ad 6 pairs of hands working together inside a phone booth (whatever THAT is....) and one needs
to have the strength of un-shorn Samson.........

Ron, this might help if you haven't used a piece of cord to "stretch" a spring before .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzO0s_MLVXA ............ ( FAST FWD to 2:38 min. )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I thought that was a lollipop stick........... Rog The Lori's or short far Lortabs 10 Milligram strongest they got....

No I'm not the Swamp Man on TV but sure did everything he does........

Beau,

I'm still not cognizant of Lortabs, but it doesn't matter, I don't take anything stronger than this Ibuprofen/Tylenol combo I've got going now and honestly those are the most H/D drugs I've ever taken. I'd rather suffer than get all screwed up in the head (any worse than I normally am).

That's a pretty large lollypop stick, but you could be right! Smoking is no longer P/C, but sucking on lollypops is still OK, I guess... (Easy there Boo...)

I've only seen clips of the Swamp Man TV show, but that dude is crazier than a schitt-house-mouse! In one clip he runs an aluminum boat (I hate aluminum boats) through a wooden wall! . . . . Who the hell is building wooden walls out in the swamp? Besides, it was only 20-feet wide, why not go around it?

I sure hope you don't go around running boats through wooden walls. You go fishing for crawdads? We tried them when we were touring the country and were down in Golden Meadow, LA. The restaurant owner (A sweetheart of a big black lady) came out of the kitchen and hollers out, "Where them Yankees what never had crawfish b'fore?" We bashfully stuck our hands up just slightly higher than our shoulders. She came right over and sat down at our table and would ask, "Have you ever had etouffee?" We'd say "Nope" and she'd yell into the kitchen, "Bring out some crawfish etouffee!" Then she'd ask, "You ever eat any andouille sausage?" . . "Nope" - - Out would come a plate of smoking hot sausages.. We learned a lot about Cajun cooking before she let us leave and we were breathing fire like dragons! Never charged us for any of the extras either! We were ready to move to Golden Meadow! We thought we'd died and found gastronomic heaven.

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron, this might help if you haven't used a piece of cord to "stretch" a spring before .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzO0s_MLVXA ............ ( FAST FWD to 2:38 min. )

Thanx, but not what I was facing.
Can't find any videos on this as of yet.
Problem is you need to compress a spring over the cable while hooking the actuator lever over the end of the cable
which you have exposed by compressing the spring.
Takes 3 men and a small boy to compress the spring, while a contortionist curls the lever around to hook the cable.
All while holding an egg between your knees................

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thanx, but not what I was facing.
Can't find any videos on this as of yet.
Problem is you need to compress a spring over the cable while hooking the actuator lever over the end of the cable
which you have exposed by compressing the spring.
Takes 3 men and a small boy to compress the spring, while a contortionist curls the lever around to hook the cable.
All while holding an egg between your knees................

Have ya checked in the C-10 Manual ..???

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Have ya checked in the C-10 Manual ..???

Yup.
It says....

Copy and pasted from page 5-27: 5. Install lever on cable by compressing spring and inserting cable in channel of lever. RFelease spring

(Headslap...) Why didn't I think of THAT ??"

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck,

I am sorry to hear you are afflicted with what must at times be a debilitating illness. I was wondering though, how long had you been taking Tylenol before you had kidney stones? I've had kidney stones a couple times (but had never taken Tylenol at that time) but now I am taking just four Tylenol a day along with Ibuprofen due to knee pain. It works fairly well, but I've been doing it for a month and can't get surgery to correct the situation until November. What do you think? Am I a candidate for more stones?

I hope changes come about that offers you relief that is affordable. Good luck!

Roger

Everyone metabolizes things different. It took me 6 months for the first of 12 stones to show up. I have passed over 40 of them in my lifetime. I passed all of them on my own minus the last one that I thought I was going to die over. I went to the ER and when they confirmed it was a stone they gave me some pain medication and I passed the stone in 5 minutes of getting the shot. I guess I relaxed enough for it to pass. I am not saying Tylenol will give everyone stones I just know I got them from it. It was easy to figure out as I am a creature of habit and eat the same thing all the time. The only thing different from the 4 earlier years was Tylenol. I have not used Tylenol for over a year and no more stones. Hope you do not get them they are worse than most of my migraines.

Now for everyone out there I am so used to migraines, it is like second nature. This one I wrote about was the worst one in around 20 years. I would have to change a lot of stuff in my life if they went away. (YES I would love for that to happen) Change is welcome.

My wife came back from the new doctor and he said they have a new drug out that you only take one every thirty days. They are having good responses from it. I will have to look into that.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Roger Tylenol and Ibuprofen is like a Malotov cocktail........ Naproxen is way better than tylenol IMHO and is a anti inflammatory... My Doc subs me 500 Milligrams of that which is the same thing as Aleve and Lori 10's for my back....

After much needed major surgery I don't know what he's gonna bump me too.... I really don't want anything stronger than Loritab 10's ......

Aleve does nothing for me at all. For me, it is a total waste of money. I do not like taking drugs of any kind if at all possible. I get through a great deal of pain on my own. The only thing I take is 4 200mg ibuprofen every night with the orange coating. I am allergic to any other coating. I do this so I will not wake up with a migraine during the night. It works most of the time.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Aleve does nothing for me at all. For me, it is a total waste of money. I do not like taking drugs of any kind if at all possible. I get through a great deal of pain on my own. The only thing I take is 4 200mg ibuprofen every night with the orange coating. I am allergic to any other coating. I do this so I will not wake up with a migraine during the night. It works most of the time.

Does your wifey get tired of hearing .... NOT tonight dear, I have a Migraine .. ?? ..:laughing:

SORRY Chuck I was just trying to get ya to smile with my sick humor .... I really do feel empathy for you, I suffered 1 (one) migraine in my life, and I was wishing to die from the excruciating pain that my own breathing was causing, I sincerely hope you find relief from your condition, let's hope medical science finds a cure ......... Boo

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yup.
It says....

Copy and pasted from page 5-27: 5. Install lever on cable by compressing spring and inserting cable in channel of lever. RFelease spring

(Headslap...) Why didn't I think of THAT ??"

Are ya bein sarcastic, or did ya really get it hooked up ..?? .. :rolleyes:..:confused2: