The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Old,fat and slow..........

Get yer head out of the sand, (which is a much better place than where Ron seem to think it is) and embrace changes . They are coming whether you like it or not!

Rog

Either place would be just as dark........

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Darryl,

Like most of the crap I come up with, it's just that - crap! I have a 52 year old son who was in a sever auto accident in 1988, which gave him TBI. He was unconscious for 16 days and when he finally came to he couldn't even speak for several weeks after that. It has been a long slow process, but I'd say now he functions about as well as a 12 year old (he can and does ride a bike, miles and miles and miles - he has worn out dozens of them over the years). So my usual bravado is just so much B.S.

I am well aware of the need for helmets and other safety equipment. Never take anything I say very seriously..

Roger B

Most people reject the notion of a helmet, saying "I don't ride that fast."
Truth of the matter is, yoiu can accelerate to a trauma-causing speed just by falling over and hitting something unyielding.
I was awaiting my first helmet in 1982 when I got hit from behind by a car.
I bounced off his windshield with my head, requiring 6 stitches and breaking his windshield.(I ride such a tall bike that the car went under my saddle...)
I was most fortunate not to have received a more severe head injury...
My back, on the other hand, has never been the same.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: An open question to the technologically inclined

I have two young friends who recently (Sunday) told me that they had been having a conversation with other friends a couple of days previously and three topics were covered, Coyotes, Cicadas and Toyotas. After talking about those things, when they went to check something on their phone(s-?) all three things came up on the screen(s-?). Information about coyotes, cicadas and an ad for Toyotas. They firmly believe that their phone(s-?) were listening in on their private conversations.

Do you guys think that is possible? Wrong question. Of course it is possible! Do you guys think that sort of thing is happening?

Rog

There is NO privacy anymore, we DON'T know, ... what we DON'T know, BUT somebody does !! ..

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have two young friends who recently (Sunday) told me that they had been having a conversation with other friends a couple of days previously and three topics were covered, Coyotes, Cicadas and Toyotas. After talking about those things, when they went to check something on their phone(s-?) all three things came up on the screen(s-?). Information about coyotes, cicadas and an ad for Toyotas. They firmly believe that their phone(s-?) were listening in on their private conversations.

Do you guys think that is possible? Wrong question. Of course it is possible! Do you guys think that sort of thing is happening?

Rog

Without a doubt.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Most people reject the notion of a helmet, saying "I don't ride that fast."
Truth of the matter is, yoiu can accelerate to a trauma-causing speed just by falling over and hitting something unyielding.
I was awaiting my first helmet in 1982 when I got hit from behind by a car.
I bounced off his windshield with my head, requiring 6 stitches and breaking his windshield.(I ride such a tall bike that the car went under my saddle...)
I was most fortunate not to have received a more severe head injury...
My back, on the other hand, has never been the same.............

Two people here in Springfield just died from non-moving bicycles accidents. Both wearing helmets. They fell over while stopped and talking to friends. The helmets did not help them at all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Rog

YES
even when turned off a lot of phones eavesdrop on the surrounding sounds.
If you have got the "lazy" voice recognition turned on the phone recognises your voice and pulls key words out which get sent to Google / Microsloth etc the next time they log into a site or into an app.
You might remember last year Samsung got a big fine because their TV's were watching & listening in to your conversations.
1984 is real, just running a little late

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 351,728

Total views 686

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 202.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Mornin Chuck .. d49e0df0b84e3447e7662bdc16258672.jpg

Goooooooooood Mornin Guys N U 2 Ronaldo .. 50e7b9999472516c141fc68ad27e17d0.jpg MMMMMmmmmm LUUUUUVV those Lonnnng Legs ..:licking:

Thought 4 2day .. 1500362857_505_quotes-about-moving-onthe-good-vibe-inspirational-picture-quotes.jpg