Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

My thought for today:

girlmower15.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well Truex wasn't doin too bad either, when you WIN, it was a GREAT race, and if you FINISH, without injury to yourself and your car it was a GOOD race, I like when Truex wins cause a part of his purse goe's to his girlfriends Cancer center, Helluva a nice guy ! .. :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

For once I can't argue with you.
Correct on all points..........

(Better blow this post up, print it, frame it and hang it on yer wall.............)

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Old,fat and slow..........

Well, I have 7 rides rides my belt now.
Maybe 57 miles total.
Routinely averaging between 13 and 14.5mph.

Today I threw in a few smaller hills and some longer upward inclines.
That sucked!
I had to stop 2x on one road to catch my breath and avert a heart attack!
Still riding solo.
Afraid to ride with any of my friends.
That might make me better...........might kill me.

Looks like a year+ layoff at my age wasn't the thing to do.
We'll see how it goes.
If I have become a rec rider, so bi it............

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Old,fat and slow..........

Well, I have 7 rides rides my belt now.
Maybe 57 miles total.. If I have become a rec rider, so be it............

Ron,

I'm thinking PELOTRON! You could be riding with a bevy of fine young ladies everyday and not embarrass yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKQsxe7DH8

Geez, I thought Boo would be dazzled and amazed at seeing an engine with digitally controlled valves... but Ohhhhhhh Noooooooo, all he wants to do is ogle pictures of girls, absolutely none of which would give a ratsass if he is dead or alive.. Some mechanic.. Ha...

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

I'm thinking PELOTRON! You could be riding with a bevy of fine young ladies everyday and not embarrass yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKK...e commercial.....she's got the RIGHT STUFF !)

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Nope. No stationary trainer for me........

(But, I DO like that mom in the purple tank top on the commercial.....she's got the RIGHT STUFF !)

Ron,

Well, that was kind of what I was getting at.. I agree that riding a stationary bike or doing other similar exercises is foolishness, but having a 21" monitor where you could watch that purple tank top bouncing intriguingly - up close and personal, would probably provide a better scenic view than any you're likely to encounter along the roadside.. Just sayin' - most things DO have their value - is all...

Roger

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

Well, that was kind of what I was getting at.. I agree that riding a stationary bike or doing other similar exercises is foolishness, but having a 21" monitor where you could watch that purple tank top bouncing intriguingly - up close and personal, would probably provide a better scenic view than any you're likely to encounter along the roadside.. Just sayin' - most things DO have their value - is all...

Roger

When they make the machine which provides olfactory as well as tactile contact with the subject on the monitor, count me IN !

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Back when I used to race bicycles I rode rollers off season. Basically it's just 2 rollers in the back and one in the front that you have to balance on. It encourages good form...anything less and you crash! But it's hot and boring. It makes a big difference when you don't have the wind to dry you off. I say just drop down a gear or 2 and try to keep your cadence up.

I was going to go for a bike ride last week. Went to check on my bike in the garage. I had the helmet clipped to the handlebars with my gloves in it. The helmet was full of sunflower seeds, the gloves were chewed up and the helmet smelled like mouse piss. Tossed them in the trash. I need new riding shoes too. The soles on those hardened up and the glue dried up. Also in the trash. I could use a new jersey too. I don't even know where mine would be at this point. So that's like $200 or so just to get outfitted with riding gear, and I haven't even evaluated the bike itself. New tires are probably in order and new handlebar tape as well. The rest should be ok, but a new saddle would be nice. I have a racing saddle on mine that isn't exactly comfy.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads