The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Maybe so, but sometimes I tend to focus on the BIG picture, and hers certainly are!

Ron,

That is exactly my point! Focusing on the "big" picture is great, but focusing on the "finer points" provides greater detail to the overall picture and allows the observer to make a more educated decision about the entire situation.. As I said before, the devil is in the details..

Rog

PS. I'm glad the quotation 'thingy' is working again..

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Das Boot was a GREAT movie, saw it with out the English translation but could follow the action and pretty much understand what they were saying in German.

Tom

Tom,

My brother-in-law (served 20 years in the boats) and I watched Das Boot with sub titles when it first came out.. It was very realistic all except when they had flooding through the torpedo tube. If they had moved as much water into the boat as would have occurred in that case, the movie would have been over at that point! Even a small leak under pressure is an impressive thing to behold.. We popped a zerk fitting out of a grease line for the #1 periscope when we were only down about 100-feet and that water came in like a wet bullet. A never ending wet bullet!

They have a damage control trainer in New London that used to pump water right out of the Thames River with a 25 HP electric pump to simulate flooding at depth. If you went though the trainer in the winter (like I did) you'd freeze to death long before you ever got all the leaks under control. (As soon as you'd fix one, they'd open a valve that fed the next one and water would pour in from some where else.) I remember one "leak" was simply a cut-off 2" pipe that was aimed at the compass binnacle (which is tapered) and every time we'd try to get a DC Plug (tapered soft pine wooden plug) braced off something on that binnacle it would slip off and blow the plug and what ever was attached to it clear across the compartment. It was a wonder one of us didn't get killed by the damn thing.. For part of the exercise we had to wear OBA's (air masks) with the lenses painted black (like the compartment was full of smoke) while people outside pounded on the "hull" with sledge hammers to simulate depth chargers going off in the distance. You couldn't see or hear! Fun - fun - fun....

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I just wanted to let you all know that I may disappear. I got a message on my home phone that my social security number has been suspended due to fraud activity. I fear that I'll be deactivated soon so I'm just letting you all know before that happens...

Darryl! - Are you sure it isn't your "other brother Darryl" just messing with you?

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Now that I got my compressor runnin' like it s'posed to, I gotta change out the media in my blast cabinet for glass bead sos I can
clean up the cast aluminum serpentine belt drive stuff for the front of the engine.

Not only gonna be loud and fast, but purdy,too!!

Ron,

You're gonna 'glass bead' aluminum? That's going to be a little 'rough' on it isn't it? What about walnut shell or something a little less aggressive?

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

She has a face that lacks exotic or prominent features;
No shortcomings that need to be overcome with makeup or fancy hairdo.
She has simply the most beautiful face in Hollywood today...............

View attachment 41861

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. I think her cheeks are just a bit too thin.. Not saying she's ugly, but a little more overall facial symmetry would lift her from a nine to a ten..

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: How to set the time on a microwave

Best way to set that clock:

46171952_702976656767783_1303961790576590848_n.jpg

T-3,

Where in hell did you get a picture of my cook! (I put the microwave down there for a reason!)

Rog

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck, I must assume that every medical possibility has been checked out and there is no underlying problem that could be 'fixed', or I'm sure you would have had it done. As someone who rarely ever has a headache, I can't imagine what torture they must put you through... I certainly hope you are able to identify the cause and gain some control over the situation..

Being old is bad enough, being old and buggered up really sucks!

Best of luck buddy,

Roger

I found out a couple years back that I am highly allergic to dusts mites. They are the biggest trigger for my migraines. I can not avoid them as they are one of the most common things in the world. I do everything in my power to keep them at bay. It is not the only reason for the migraines. I also have issues with the acids in tomatoes and oranges. I really want the shot somewhere around my brain stem with Botox. It worked for my wife. One of these days I will have enough money to pay for it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ron,

You're gonna 'glass bead' aluminum? That's going to be a little 'rough' on it isn't it? What about walnut shell or something a little less aggressive?

Rog

When "blasting" aluminum ya ALWAYS use plastic bead media .... fine, tiny plastic beads, and ya can't stay in 1 place too long, cause (depending on thickness,) the metal deforms from the heat ..I know well, I blasted parts almost every week, sometimes all day, we used "nut shells" on running jet engines to clean the compressor/"fan" blades PITA but does a nice job, those blades are different types of STEEL, alloys ....

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

YEAH .. I just know you guys are waitin for MY input, .. wait for it, .... ya'll hold on now.......

Nah...we know yoiu can't hardly type with one hand.......