Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 329.jpg
Hinder

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Crafteman Lifetime Tool Warranty

Chuck,

I own one Makita tool, a 120 VAC hammer drill I bought for a job I needed one for. It was after I'd retired and I didn't have a hammer drill of my own. I always heard that Makita drills and their other tools used sintered bronze bushings instead of actual ball or needle bearings and therefore, I had never bought any of their tools before. I have not used the Makita hammer drill enough to truly evaluate it.

I watch a lot of TV shows where tools of various types are utilized and I notice that DeWalt battery drills seem to be the ones that are prevalently used. These are companies that could buy any tool they wanted (like million dollar "Festools") but they don't seem to. Take "Barnwood Builders" for example. They drive hundreds and hundreds of those long, 5/16" diameter "Log screws" or "Construction lags" and they all seem to use DeWalt hammer drivers..

If my new hammer driver breaks, I'll let you know..

Roger

Start by saying to each his own. If you like something them, by all means, use it. I use Makita at home and Dewalt at work. Big difference. New batteries for DeWalt and 6 years old Makita at home. That is amazing all on its own. I had to get an impact driver and the new charger made my old batteries change again. it was very nice. Now they will drive 2 to 3 times as many screws as the DeWalt will without even breaking a sweet. The Dewalt batteries have to be recharged every 2 weeks used or not if I want any life out of them. They just suck.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

NOT clear stuff purchased in un-labeled mason jars purchased from a coverall wearin' (one strap hangin' loose)
bearded guy from the depths of the Ocala National Forest.........
THAT stuff will rot EVERYTHING... (even the mason jar if you leave it sit in there long enough...)

What the hell Ron? I've got a beard and I used to hunt the Ocala Scrub.. What are you tyin' to say??

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Start by saying to each his own. If you like something them, by all means, use it. I use Makita at home and Dewalt at work. Big difference. New batteries for DeWalt and 6 years old Makita at home. That is amazing all on its own. I had to get an impact driver and the new charger made my old batteries change again. it was very nice. Now they will drive 2 to 3 times as many screws as the DeWalt will without even breaking a sweet. The Dewalt batteries have to be recharged every 2 weeks used or not if I want any life out of them. They just suck.

Chuck, I agree, to each his own, but I do like to benefit for the lessons of others. I'd just never heard anyone complain about DeWalt tools before.. I will admit that I've never thought their batteries were great, but I always assumed they were the same as every other manufacturers. Just not enough experience with different tools I guess.. The Milwaukee battery drills I had on my trucks always worked well (after they redesigned them) and the only other battery tool I ever had was the Porter Cable and I schitt-canned that.

You can buy aftermarket batteries, maybe they would last longer than the OEM ones.. You've got me wondering now..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lawn World - Unsafe to open???

SO, what the heck, nobody is going to mention that Lawn World was OOC yesterday, or what??? Messages flying back and forth on email and then things return to normal and no one says diddly about it?? Who knows? Maybe the site has been taken over by aliens and now they can get into our computers and using facial recognition target us individually with these new killer drones and wipe out the best lawn mower mechanics (and Boo) in the world!!

Hey! It could happen!! If your laptop has a camera, you might want to wear a mask while you're on here just to be safe..

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlO2gcs1YvM

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

DITTO !!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Lawn World - Unsafe to open???

SO, what the heck, nobody is going to mention that Lawn World was OOC yesterday, or what??? Messages flying back and forth on email and then things return to normal and no one says diddly about it?? Who knows? Maybe the site has been taken over by aliens and now they can get into our computers and using facial recognition target us individually with these new killer drones and wipe out the best lawn mower mechanics (and Boo) in the world!!

Hey! It could happen!! If your laptop has a camera, you might want to wear a mask while you're on here just to be safe..

Rog

NO CAMERAS in your home, NO Alexa, NONE of that "Slave-Unit" stuff, BIG-BROTHER really is watching ... remember when everybody "scoffed" at electricity, the telephone, going to the moon, genetic engineering..... WE... DON'T know... what WE don't know.......... HMMMmmmmmm ..????????

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck, I agree, to each his own, but I do like to benefit for the lessons of others. I'd just never heard anyone complain about DeWalt tools before.. I will admit that I've never thought their batteries were great, but I always assumed they were the same as every other manufacturers. Just not enough experience with different tools I guess.. The Milwaukee battery drills I had on my trucks always worked well (after they redesigned them) and the only other battery tool I ever had was the Porter Cable and I schitt-canned that.

You can buy aftermarket batteries, maybe they would last longer than the OEM ones.. You've got me wondering now..

Roger

Well then let me give a little more detail. It was the drills and impact drivers draining the batteries. I got most of my tools stolen off my work cart in the hallway by homeless that come in to warm up. We do not allow it but it still happens. When I replaced the tools my batteries last twice as long, for now. The old tools were not over 2 years old. Now I also have borrowed tools for big jobs thinking I did not want to stop in the middle of the job to charge a battery. Used the Dewalt for 15 minutes and a dead battery. Put on the charger and started using the Makita. 45 minutes later it is still on the first battery and going strong. I just do not like the way Dewalt work. Lots of people use the Dewalts because that is what is purchased(like my boss). I purchase after I research a product and hope I am correct. My boss will never change because he has invested so much it would cost him thousands to replace what he has. I am looking at the new Makita because it is brushless. It cost a pretty penny but the reviews (4 stars to 2 stars I do not take much merit in the 5 or 1 stars because stupid people and Marketing companies) are good.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Lawn World - Unsafe to open???

Rog

Now, Skipper,
You KNOW that Boobot has something to say about EVERYTHING..... https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/51732-LMF-Site-DOWN-!!