The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Helping my 87 yr.old neighbor get his 2009 Troy-Bilt Pony ready for work, New spindles,(he sheared the "star" protrusion off one because he didn't mount the blade properly into the "star" so he bought a pair at a decent price, new blades and a new belt, dropping his deck makes me appreciate how fast and easy I can remove my Murray deck, the Pony deck (42in.) is a real PITA, started late yesterday and will finish it up this morning, gotta help the oldsters ya know, one day I might make it that far !! ..:thumbsup:

Yes Helping those who still want tp help them selves. I sharpen lots of blades on my street for just that type of people.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AHHhhhh Congrats Chuck you just created PAGE # 500 !!

WIN D.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah for us

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Helping my 87 yr.old neighbor get his 2009 Troy-Bilt Pony ready for work, New spindles,(he sheared the "star" protrusion off one because he didn't mount the blade properly into the "star" so he bought a pair at a decent price, new blades and a new belt, dropping his deck makes me appreciate how fast and easy I can remove my Murray deck, the Pony deck (42in.) is a real PITA, started late yesterday and will finish it up this morning, gotta help the oldsters ya know, one day I might make it that far !! ..:thumbsup:

Well you get this weeks Freddo Frog award :thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Night Burt
Sunset 1.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Bert's never been there ! he lives in the bush with Crocodile Dundee and roos !!

Do you know how hard it is to find a good picture of a sunset for Austraila? I am lucky to find anything. I just have to live with what they give me.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

primerbulb120

Threads

Two questions for anyone who's worked on a Hydro-Gear ZT-3100 system before:

- The left side ZT-3100 on my Compact Pro 44 had an oil leak due to loose bolts on the charge pump cover, and I used it on several yards before finding this out. I tightened them and the leak stopped. Should I have the charge pump cover and seal replaced, or leave it alone? The Hydro-Gear dealer said to leave it alone, but I wanted more advice.

- My ZT-3100s need the oil and filters changed. Should I tackle this myself, or take it to the local Hydro-Gear dealer (who has very good reviews)? I already have the parts, and was quoted $100 for the repair procedure. Dealer recommends that I bring it to them because I could mess up the hydros if I do it wrong, but of course that's what the dealer would say - they want my business. Opinions/advice?

After reading Bert's descriptions of working on these transaxles, I'm nervous about doing anything to them. :ashamed: