The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

OK Guy's ... I'm lookin for answers, I'm tired of pumpin out $150.00 monthly for my &^%$$#@%$#@ Cable TV & Internet, :thumbdown: I wanna "Cut the Cord" .. I'm interested in buying a Roku device, I have 0 knowledge about this streaming schitt, so I'm totally in the dark when it comes to this stuff, all I want to know is it worth dropping the cable part of my cable service, has anybody with a Roku device/service been dis-satisfied ?? All we really watch is a few select channels but HGTV (wifey is an addict) has to be available, I need Fox FS1 & CBS/SN for Nascar, and local news & weather crap... how bout some feed-back gang .. ??
:confused2:..:confused3:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sure hope this Yardman transaxle rebuild never gets finished. Keep up the good work folks.

Tom3,

Good Work! You call this good work? Good grief man, these guys are all at a dead idle!

Now, I'll admit, that every once and a while they will get into something serious and when they do, they are a force to be reckoned with, but the rest of the time it's like day school for K-1 around here...

First of all there is Boo-Boo, a salacious letch, who's prurient interests have led the rest of them astray until the entire thread has become a sort of 'Playboy Facebook' that has so embarrassed the more moral of our usual posters (i.e. "Bert-Man" from Oz) that they have retired to the wings, in hopes that decency will eventually return..

I had hopes for our "Other Tom" (maybe Tom1) a.k.a. Pumper54 - that his return, from a fairly long absence, would prove to have a stabilizing effect, but I fear he too has succumbed to the daily onslaught of near naked female bodies.. I mean it IS fairly intoxicating! I have no idea where they find all these lovely examples of female pulchritude, (drool), but I for one, (sweat) am above all that, (dribble) and try to keep the thread meaningful, (pant) and insure that it's content has some social redemption...

AHhhhhhhhhh screw it! I may have to crawl off in a corner and abuse myself... That damn Boo...…

Roger

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hot setup with Roku right now might be DirectNow streaming from Direct sat. TV. I think it's about $10 a month for their service. And there are a lot of networks that stream previous shows for free on their net channel and the major sports channels have apps that you can watch with it. We have two of the devices and use them mainly as digital boxes for our cable, stream a really good HD picture without the monthly fee for the set top box. The latest Roku Stick's remote will turn on/off the TV and control the volume, saves a lot of fishing for the right remote. But you have to have a high speed internet with wifi for the Roku to work at all. The Roku Express works about the same but can feed a TV without the HDMI connection and the remote is line of sight and doesn't control the TV at all.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

For some reason I cannot "Reply with Quote."
Happens every now and then............

Skipper, if you want a meaty topic, I can always resurrect the sardines discussion.........

Fall is arriving early this year, and with it comes the influx of hummingbirds tanking up for their migration.
This time of year we have 4 feeders going and have to refill at least once a day.
Kinda like having a job..........

SidecarFlip

Threads

There is a welding shop here in my town named Specialty welding, hence the name he welds anything and he has been in the biz for over 50 years........

Cast aluminum is one of his favorites to do.........

Cast aluminum and pressure die cast aluminum are 2 different animals. Cast aluminum alloy as in wheels can be welded via inert gas shielded TIG but pressure die cast alloy aluminum because of it's inherent impurities (because it is derivied from mostly scrap) is next to impossible to weld. I know, I'm a certified welder in all disciplines. Not saying it cannot be done because it can but the weld failure rate makes it not cost effective.

Pumper54

Threads

TRANSLATION : Wifey got on his arse to finally quit dickin aroun N mow the lawn !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Oh hell no there Boo, I gave my 'mower from hell' a test run and found out that if you turn an engine six ways from Sunday you get oil everywhere so that when you start it the engine smokes like a "Cheech and Chong" movie. After about 10 minutes it all cleared up. I don't mow the yard or do the weed whacking. I figured out years ago that is I screwed it up to many times my Bride would take over and do it "right". She has a nice new riding mower that she is happy to whizz around the yard throwing grass clipping everywhere. :wink:
Tom
IMG_3302.jpg not my Bride

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads

Several years ago a friend at work gave me his old Ranch King rider. Nice running Briggs twin and solid hydro trans. Rest of the mower was pretty well shot. Took it all apart and rebuilt it, told the wife it was her mower. "quiet, electric start, easy steering, automatic transmission, sun and fresh air." Her butt has never been on the seat. Don't knock it, you guys are lucky to have help with the mowing I think.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

The second most pathetic thing in the world is a solitary lovebug................(no, Boobot, the MOST pathetic thing in the world is NOT me....)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Several years ago a friend at work gave me his old Ranch King rider. Nice running Briggs twin and solid hydro trans. Rest of the mower was pretty well shot. Took it all apart and rebuilt it, told the wife it was her mower. "quiet, electric start, easy steering, automatic transmission, sun and fresh air." Her butt has never been on the seat. Don't knock it, you guys are lucky to have help with the mowing I think.

Hey, Welcome back Tom # 2 or 3 or whatever.. I have a 21HP Briggs on my 46in. Murray, thing is never a problem, and I picked up a nearly new 24HP for $250.00 just in case something does happen, got it off a wrecked machine. .. :thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hot setup with Roku right now might be DirectNow streaming from Direct sat. TV. I think it's about $10 a month for their service. And there are a lot of networks that stream previous shows for free on their net channel and the major sports channels have apps that you can watch with it. We have two of the devices and use them mainly as digital boxes for our cable, stream a really good HD picture without the monthly fee for the set top box. The latest Roku Stick's remote will turn on/off the TV and control the volume, saves a lot of fishing for the right remote. But you have to have a high speed internet with wifi for the Roku to work at all. The Roku Express works about the same but can feed a TV without the HDMI connection and the remote is line of sight and doesn't control the TV at all.

Thanks for the input Tom, Tom, Tom ( that's Tom 3times = Tom 3 ) do I need to get (pay) for another service to get my local channels or are they available with just the Top of the Line Roku box, I guess it's time to quit lookin at 2 legged lumpy critters and do some research on the net bout this stuff. I don't want to end my cable TV and NOT get my local channels and God forbid, lose my NASCAR racing.... :thumbdown: