The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Skipper, it is SO obvious that you are a Submariner.............
After running submerged for a time, you come to periscope depth and fire an array of torpedoes. both FORE and AFT.....(MOSTLY AFT....)

Then you Run Silent, Run Deep again............

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: RONNO has "out posted me"!!

Ron,

When I saw this I had to go look up Ospho and discovered that it is just what I "was" looking for. I just pulled the wheels off my boat trailer to have the tires flipped to even out the wear when I noticed the 'swing arms' on the ends of the torsion axel had rusted again after my recent (last year) trailer maintenance. I had wire brushed them and applied a zinc rich spray paint.. Pretty much to no avail, going by what they looked like now! So I tried to find POR-15 a buddy out in ND told me about. It's expensive and wasn't locally available, so I settled on a spray product by Loctite. I let that dry for a couple days and then applied a rubberized undercoating spray, which I don't have much faith in, but couldn't think of anything better. The arms are cast iron and very prone to rusting and corrosion. Would Ospho stop that? What would you apply over it, considering that they get submerged in salt water numerous times each year.

Roger

Oapho is a conversion chemical which effectively kills rust, and converts it to an inert substance.
It is not a coating, and must be topcoated.
I typically use Rustoleum or any other rust-preventive paint.
I don't know if anything will really stand up to repeated salt water dunking, especially in Maine (with ALL those OLD SALTS you have down there....) :wink:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I knew they were replacing the first replacement steering box, they didn't have to do that again did they? We don't want you going 'left' when you should be going 'right'... Know what I mean?? (That one is for you Ron.)

I loved the commercial in which Michael Andretti was teaching his son to drive.
"Turn left here" he instructed."
"Make a left here."
"Turn left."
"Turn left here."

"Don't I ever get to turn right?" the lad asked............

"WHY would you want to do that??" was Michael's reply..........

Personally, I don't think Boo knows how to turn left.
His philosophy is..... TO GO LEFT, MAKE 3 RIGHTS !

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: A whole entire page, all to myself!

Where in hell is everybody this morning? I just filled an entire page all by myself.. I guess I'd better go crawl back under my rock and rest..

SOME of us old codgers OCCASIONALLY have something come up in the morning and need to do something about it! :wink:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ahhhhh, there we go! CT!! I have lived in New London (I guess that would be obvious) and Pachaug. The other half has a cousin in Old Lyme and "Zoomie" one of my old Chief of the boat's lives nearby. I like stopping off in Portland to see what Wayne Carini has in stock at his F40 shop.

You anywhere near any of that?
Yup. Just a little west of Old Lyme across the CT river.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Darryl,

Having a "Good-Ole-Boy' network with similar companies as your own is always a good idea. As an electrical contractor for nearly 40 years, I also networked with carpenters, plumbers and the like. We used to have a secret list of "No-Go" customers that we all shared. As most of us were high-end outfits anyone on that list had a hard time locating a quality company to do their work.. Screw us once, shame on you, screw us twice - well that ain't gonna happen..

Rog

PS: The best part of working for yourself (or at least owning your own company) is having the ability to tell that PIA customer to go take a flying leap.. Know what I mean??
Yup. Plenty of work around here so for the most part all of the lawn care and landscaping outfits are friendly with each other and look out for each other. Stopped to visit one yesterday when I saw him in his shop as I was passing by. I helped one mow an account that I used to service last year when his mower wouldn't start. I was working next door. I refer a lot of work out to other outfits now that dropped my contractor's license and stick to maintenance work. I'm in my mid 50s, my sons aren't around to help anymore and I'm just not into heavy labor anymore. Hedges and shrubs and cleanups are my heaviest labor. Someone else can dig out all the Rhodies planted 2 feet from the front of people's houses, lol.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I knew they were replacing the first replacement steering box, they didn't have to do that again did they? We don't want you going 'left' when you should be going 'right'... Know what I mean?? (That one is for you Ron.)

No Goomba, The 2nd box is good ............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ahhhhh, there we go! CT!! I have lived in New London (I guess that would be obvious) and Pachaug. The other half has a cousin in Old Lyme and "Zoomie" one of my old Chief of the boat's lives nearby. I like stopping off in Portland to see what Wayne Carini has in stock at his F40 shop.

You anywhere near any of that?

Connecticut ! ... Now I'm wondering if he's a deplorable or a NON-deplorable .. ?? NAH he can't be... he's too damn nice and mild mannered .. :thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I'm tellin' ya, he's a secret misogynist..

NAH, .. ya got it all wrong.. when it comes to women, I'm like God ... I LUUUUUVVV em ALL !! .. ( Well,.. MOST of em ) .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Beau:

Hmmmm a foot fetish, huh? Well, I've always said, "Whatever blows your skirt up!"

NO Goomba, he didn't mention at the tobacco post she was buyin a tin of "Skoal" , was wearin flip-flops, Orange & Purple shorts, with a super-size Green & Yellow t-shirt that read ..( " I'm with Her " )