The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

AHHhhh yes the steering box ..... well it was kinda squirrely, But, they called to say they had another box and to bring the truck back in, so I did, ..... ALL is fine now, drives good, still a tiny bit of play in the wheel, but I think if I change the "rag-joint (steering coupler) that will take care of that.......

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Darryl,

Where exactly in the USA does that sort of thing happen? I want to make sure I never go there!

Rog

MOSTLY in Mexifonia, and East coast states North, of North Carolina ALL the New England states... the NON-Deplorables are striving to be the HMFWIC, They abhor the word "LOSER" .. BUT... they do give out participation trophies !! :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: RONNO has "out posted me"!!

Mebbe so, Skipper.
But, my verbosity seldom carries the gravity that permeates your posts.
I have set an exceedingly minimal standard for the content of my ramblings,
and, CONSISTENTLY fail to maintain it......

Few members fail to enjoy missing anything I have to say.....

Good to "see" you!

WRONG Ron, although we totally despise your arse, we feel your assinine input is a very necessary part of this thread to boost our ego's ... do you sometimes think, "it's your turn in the barrel" ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

OH YEAH... you're behind on your progress reports on YOUR "rust-bucket Chevy C-10" too !!! ..:thumbdown:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

WRONG Ron, although we totally despise your arse, we feel your assinine input is a very necessary part of this thread to boost our ego's ... do you sometimes think, "it's your turn in the barrel" ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

OH YEAH... you're behind on your progress reports on YOUR "rust-bucket Chevy C-10" too !!! ..:thumbdown:

I constantly strive to be inconsistently inane.........

As for the C10:
All is completed with the 3.73 posi installation except.........torquing the ring gear bolts and putting on the rear cover.
Then, cleanup,painting and re-installation should occur.
After installation, the heavy duty rear brakes will be installed,bled and adjusted,
I'm trusting that they will eliminate my rear brake skidding situation.........

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Darryl,

Where exactly in the USA does that sort of thing happen? I want to make sure I never go there!

Rog

Yup, Boobala got it. Connecticut. It's what I call a false sense of propriety.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I constantly strive to be inconsistently inane.........

As for the C10:
All is completed with the 3.73 posi installation except.........torquing the ring gear bolts and putting on the rear cover.
Then, cleanup,painting and re-installation should occur.
After installation, the heavy duty rear brakes will be installed,bled and adjusted,
I'm trusting that they will eliminate my rear brake skidding situation.........

Thank you, your progress report has been duly noted, and filed away, for any suspected inconsistencies, which may, or may not, be brought before an FBI or Senate Investigational Committee within the next 36 years !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well I just exercised my own false sense of propriety and texted a fellow landscaper to let him know that both of his mower operators were operarating with no eye protection and cigarettes hanging out of their mouth. But I know him and know that he's rarely out in the field anymore to see what goes on. One guy even had a white tank top on, lol. That guy seemed to just be wandering around the lawn with no method and put down banana stripes on a high-end lawn.

Edit:. And I just called another local landscaper who I hardly know about what I observed their hardscaping crew do as they were finishing up for the day. Absolutely meticulous application of polymeric sand and cleanup. They even moved the dump truck to blow off the road properly and blew any dust from their sidewalk install off of the lawn. Everything looks perfect!!!!

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thank you, your progress report has been duly noted, and filed away, for any suspected inconsistencies, which may, or may not, be brought before an FBI or Senate Investigational Committee within the next 36 years !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Yup. And I will testify "I have no memory of that alleged event."

As I had never performed a rear axle rebuild, I entered the endeavor with more than minor trepidation.
I got lucky with the pinion depth and contact patch, so turned out to be not such a big deal.

The C-10 rear axle has been torqued,clearenced,preloaded,re-torqued, re-clearenced, and banjo cover sealed,gasketed and installed.
New yoke seal, axle seals.
Heavy duty brake backing plates have been installed.

The housing has been de-rusted and Ospho has been applied.
Tomorrow will see the paint being applied, possibly Crimson with a large alabama_crimson_tide.png on the cover.
and re-installation is slated for Saturday.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Rotten Wrench Ronno reporting.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yup. And I will testify "I have no memory of that alleged event."

As I had never performed a rear axle rebuild, I entered the endeavor with more than minor trepidation.
I got lucky with the pinion depth and contact patch, so turned out to be not such a big deal.

The C-10 rear axle has been torqued,clearenced,preloaded,re-torqued, re-clearenced, and banjo cover sealed,gasketed and installed.
New yoke seal, axle seals.
Heavy duty brake backing plates have been installed.

The housing has been de-rusted and Ospho has been applied.
Tomorrow will see the paint being applied, possibly Crimson with a large View attachment 40584 on the cover.
and re-installation is slated for Saturday.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Rotten Wrench Ronno reporting.............

Your aforementioned statements have also been recorded and filed into your folders, performed by our efficient sexretary, Ms. Regina Rotten Crotch

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well I just exercised my own false sense of propriety and texted a fellow landscaper to let him know that both of his mower operators were operarating with no eye protection and cigarettes hanging out of their mouth. But I know him and know that he's rarely out in the field anymore to see what goes on. One guy even had a white tank top on, lol. That guy seemed to just be wandering around the lawn with no method and put down banana stripes on a high-end lawn.

So way way back in the old western days of Wyoming, the town's doctor was pullin his buck-board into town, when the town ol-biddy gossip waved him down, she said to him, Doc, the word is you was out on the Wilson ranch to deliver a baby to that homesteading young couple that AIN'T married, ... living in sin they are....... just terrible !! the doc looked over sternfully, and replied, the young man is a very nice person, and the young gal as well, but,.. the poor child I just delivered.. was born WITHOUT a penis, .... the ol-biddy shrieked in horror.. then she said SEE ... SEE what happens to sinners !! then the doc smiled, and said BUT !! she'll have a damn fine place to put one in about 18 years ........... :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing: