The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Crafteman Lifetime Tool Warranty

GEEEEZZZZ Goomba, U musta been a real $#@&)&!@#$% and a &^%$#@+#$@#$ too sometime in UR past, Karma seems to be kickin U in the arse every time U turn aroun, I hope U changed UR ways .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Boo,

Change my "ways"??? Hell I hardly ever change my skivvies!!

Rog

Last edited:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

NOT the least bit interested in even hearin that schitt !! .. :thumbdown:

Ohhh, you can't fool me, I've seen that twinkle in your eye when you thought I wasn't looking...

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Skipper,
I'm real sorry to hear about your knees.
I am not enthused about the prospect of a knee replacement, but it may be imminent.

Boux and Skipper,
I had the first round of injections in my right knee last October.
First, a lidocane and cortisone injection, which worked great for about 2 days.
Then, 3 "rooster comb" injections a week apart.
After 2 or 3 weeks, they helped a bunch!
I was even able to ride my bike some.
All was pretty good til I shoveled some dirt back in October.
I used my right foot/leg to kick the shovel. BIG mistake.
Knee threw a fit!

So, back to the orthopedic doc again.
Had the lido/cort shot last month.
Once the RC shots were approved, I started on them.
Second one was yesterday.

I'm hoping for as good a result as I had the first round.
I just won't be kicking any shovels with my right foot again..............

Ahhh geez, Ron, I'm sorry to hear that.. Believe me, I can feel your pain!! I may be wrong, but I felt that after the knee shots wore off, the joint seemed to deteriorate even more. That worried me.. My doctor has pretty much told me to stand things the way they are for as long as I can.. (That sounds like, "Don't get a total joint replacement, until you absolutely can't walk anymore.") I just wish I hadn't been stubborn and had the arthroscopic surgery sooner. I think I would have had more time pain free if I had. I hope everything works out for you, keep me posted.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Husky= Crap and bad warranty
Stanley= Even worse than Husky
Dewalt = Black N Decker I hope I do not need to say anything here.

Gearwrench I have no idea about.
Kobalt are ok and have a great life time warranty on hand tools.

Chuck,

I own a number of DeWalt power tools, from a 12-1/2" planer, to orbital sanders, battery drills and I just received a hammer-driver I ordered from Amazon.. All have preformed very well and were available at reasonable cost. When I was in business all I ever bought were Milwaukee tools, (drills, sawzalls and the like). I still have a few of them from back in the day.. But I have been pleased with DeWalt, where do you feel I should have been spending my money?

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ohhh, you can't fool me, I've seen that twinkle in your eye when you thought I wasn't looking...

Goomba, you are truly mistaken, my eyes couldn't twinkle if ya put mirror's in em, you suffer from hallucinations caused by viewing too many provacative, curvaceous, semi-nude 2 legged lumpy critters... we refer to as eye-candy, ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Rog, did it as a slimy civilian when I was in high school living in R.I. N.U.I.A., P.A.D.A. and Y.M.C.A scuba certified in 1973. Diving instructor was a Navy Master Diver who had some pull at New London. Not sure where the Marines do their dive training but most likely it is in San Diego or where ever the Navy does it. Been in Texas since Nov 1979 but have lived in many other places as a military brat. Like I tell people around here, "I am like Davy Crockett, I was not born here but I got here as soon as I could"
Tom

Tom,

Ahh, I understand.. When I started diving (1959) the only place you could go for training was YMCA and I'm not sure when they started their program. PADI and all those weren't around yet. I learned by hanging around a dive shop in Portland and talking with guys in there.. Then my diving buddies mother made us go to the "Y" for training.

Eventually I went to Divers Training Academy in Fort Lauderdale (no longer in business) and that was in 1963. I got a SCUBA Instructors Certificate and certified as a Commercial Shallow Water Diver. Never used either one as I ended up in the Sub Service in 1964 - - - the Army was after me.. (Thought I fool them and join the Navy!!) When the first boat I served on discovered I had diving training I was assigned as Torpedo Recovery Diver. Big deal! When we fired dummy torpedoes at target ships, we had to recover them as long as the weather wasn't too rough. We had to lift them aboard with a sort of derrick and then lower them back down the torpedo loading hatch. My job was the easy one! The Torpedomens jobs were the difficult ones. Plus they had to rebuild the damn things once we got them back below decks. Those things were nearly 21" in diameter, almost 21' long and weighed about one-ton.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Goomba, you are truly mistaken, my eyes couldn't twinkle if ya put mirror's in em, you suffer from hallucinations caused by viewing too many provacative, curvaceous, semi-nude 2 legged lumpy critters... we refer to as eye-candy, ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Well Boo, maybe you're right, I just thought that now you're "older" maybe you were softening a little.. LOL

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck,

I own a number of DeWalt power tools, from a 12-1/2" planer, to orbital sanders, battery drills and I just received a hammer-driver I ordered from Amazon.. All have preformed very well and were available at reasonable cost. When I was in business all I ever bought were Milwaukee tools, (drills, sawzalls and the like). I still have a few of them from back in the day.. But I have been pleased with DeWalt, where do you feel I should have been spending my money?

Roger

Goomba, IMHO DeWalt flat out sucks ( on their Battery tools) corded models = A1 .. I gave my BIL every DeWalt battery tool I had, about 6 of them, batteries don't last for schitt and the Xtra power batts. are pushin at $100.00 ea. B/S on that .. wifey bought me a Rigid Combo set (Drill & Driver) 3 years ago, (birthday gift) LIFETIME warranty on the BATTERIES, never any issues to this day, greatest battery tools I ever set hands on.. the only catch is if you have a problem with a battery, you have to send the whole kit back to Ridgid, both drill & Driver, and the charger, with both batteries, zipper case, is optional, (done through Home Depot) BUT the manager I spoke with, said they just take your "kit" ( must have tools REGISTERED & receipt) and they just replace it on the spot, with NEW lifetime battery warranty included .. KICK ARSE !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

OY VAAAAAY ... suuuuch a deeeeellll

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck,

Roger

Both Milwaukee and Makita beat the pants off Dewalt. Not to mention in a head to head test of the impact drive they both broke the Dewalt.

Now remember before Dewalt was purchased by Black n Decker it was a good tool.