The Daily Yardman Thread

Pumper54

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Tom,

OK, that comment requires some additional detail.. I 'thought you were a Texas boy.. What on earth (and with what group) did you take a SCUBA course in NLON with? (PM is fine..) I don't recall the Marines having a facility there..

Roger

Rog, did it as a slimy civilian when I was in high school living in R.I. N.U.I.A., P.A.D.A. and Y.M.C.A scuba certified in 1973. Diving instructor was a Navy Master Diver who had some pull at New London. Not sure where the Marines do their dive training but most likely it is in San Diego or where ever the Navy does it. Been in Texas since Nov 1979 but have lived in many other places as a military brat. Like I tell people around here, "I am like Davy Crockett, I was not born here but I got here as soon as I could"
Tom

Pumper54

Threads

The aluminum castings I need to clean up are just dirty....the engine had been in a forestry truck and things
got pretty well covered in clay-containing soil.
It shouldn't cause too much wear and tear on the metal regardless of what I use.

We'll see....

Now, for cleaning up some slightly rusted sockets, any recommendations?
We probably have some CLR and may try that.
I have seen better stuff out there............Like, maybe "Evapo-rust??"

I follow several You Tube channels of guys that repair old tools and it seems Evapo-Rust is their 'go to' rust buster. You can get it at Northern Tools in up to the gallon size for a fair price. I need to pick some up as a project i am working is starting to show signs of rust :-(
Tom

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I follow several You Tube channels of guys that repair old tools and it seems Evapo-Rust is their 'go to' rust buster. You can get it at Northern Tools in up to the gallon size for a fair price. I need to pick some up as a project i am working is starting to show signs of rust :-(
Tom

This guy compared Evapo-rust to Krud Kutter Must for Rust and a few others:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...D064AF54B212345725A3D064AF54B212&&FORM=VRDGAR

He liked KK

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Company Customer Service Surveys

Ya gotta love it.
It took me no less than 12 DIFFERENT phone numbers and transferred calls to get ANYONE who could actually understand my situation.
After several days of calling and going to "stocking partners" to replace my tools under their "Lifetime Warranty,"
I finally talked to someone who could help.

So, here it ism the very next day, and..............I am asked to take a survey based on the LAST PERSON with whom I spoke.
Forget the MANY different people, not to mention the MANY,MANY layers of automated phone systems with whom I had interacted.
They only ask about the LAST person with whom I dealt.

Talk about stacking the deck.....................they don't want REAL feedback; only praise............
No ***-kicking, only back patting.............NOPE.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Try leaving a rusty socket in a container of WHITE Vinegar for an hour .. it works !!

Thanks, Boobot.
I'll give that a try..........

If it works, I'll soak my knee in white vinegar...........maybe that'll clean the rust out!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 417,538

Total views 626

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies
sunrise 327.jpg
Hinder

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

G' Mornin Hinder Finder .. red-venecia-chemise-with-suspender-straps-19823-p.jpg

G' Mornin Gang .. 365531309.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 6a4df35c82e84558ed21ffa6c7a15c95.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

a lil abstract humor ...

dogr (Medium).jpg