Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

ACDelco makes a good one try this part number. 36G0129

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger B said "Not to take anything away from Ron who has become the Richard Simmonds of the bicycle world! I'm proud of ya buddy.. Two-hundred and whatever pounds is simply too much weight for a guy that's only 5'5" tall... But Me?! - I'm going to have to start a starvation diet.. I have been sippin' Sweet Tea all this hot summer (a habit I picked up in Florida) and it's beginning to show! But with bum knees, I can't run, can't hardly walk and damn sure can't ride a bicycle! Got to flat out starve.. That sucks! "
(For some reason the site would not let me "Reply With Quote")

Are you saying you are only 5'5" ??
I can see why you are a Submariner......

I am 5'16"...(shrunk from 5'18".)
But way too much of my 260+ lbs is around my middle.....liquid grain storage for sure!
I really do not expect to see any serious weight loss in the early stages of my return to the roads on my bike.
I am not riding far nor hard enough to affect any real weight loss.
The initial rides are about conditioning: arms,butt,legs and aerobics.
Once the rides stretch to 20+ miles and speeds up over 15 I will shed some pounds if I keep my eating/drinking in check.
We're headin' to Texas at the end of the month.
That's always good for a few extra pounds.
But, I have a bike there and may try to get in a few miles while there to mitigate the gains..........
And, talk about flat.........................but usually windy. I've never decided which one I dislike more...wind or hills.......

Ron,

Look! I can reply with a complete quote!.. .. No, I'm not 5'5", I 'used' to be 5'10", but I seem to be shrinking in my golden years.. I was poking fun at you, I can sort of tell from your avatar picture that you are not 'short', but you have to admit, you'd be a funny looking dude to be pushing that much weight and only be 5'5"! Look like a beachball with legs!

In actuality I hope that your successful in your weight loss program. Losing weight as we age, becomes more problematic, until many just give up and become fat.. I'm trying to avoid that, but so far I don't seem to be able to alter my caloric intake. I love sweet tea, the occasional Pepsi and cookies.. Not good..

Hopefully your progress will be reported and will serve to enthuse me to greater efforts.. I will follow your posts closely..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Spent 90% of yesterday trying to locate a steering box - I just can't believe the Parrts problems I'm having with this $@#%&@%#@$ truck !! .. :thumbdown:..:thumbdown:

Boo,

You don't love yer new truck no more? .. .. .. Hang in there, you know you 'live' to find obscure parts.. You'll run them down, just keep plugging away at it.. I watched a TV show yesterday where a guy found the trunk lid for a London Taxi cab in Maryland.. You should be able to find what you need without half that much work!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Update to my life. I was stupid enough to not put my toys up about 3 weeks ago.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck,

I know your mother made you put your toys up when you were done with them as a kid.. There is a reason that mother's teach their kids lessons like that and you forgot..... I'd say 'Bad Boy', but I suspect you have relearned what you were taught, the hard way.. Ouch! I though your neck of the woods was populated by all good, honest, people.. Probably some damn infiltrator from 'away'...

However, it's always fun getting new stuff.. But it would be nicer to be able to chose when you're going to do that on your own, not be forced into it.

I have a tendency to lock up everything, all the time, always! I got into that habit after being stationed in Hawaii. I discovered that the attitude there was, if you weren't using something and someone else wanted to, well, they just might as well do so... When I came out of my apartment one day and found three local guys had opened the hood on my 428cid Cobra jet "just the see the engine, man" - even though it had hood lock-pins, I quickly understood that I needed to keep things under lock and key and have done so ever since.. Then again, maybe I'm just paranoid.

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

Look! I can reply with a complete quote!.. .. No, I'm not 5'5", I 'used' to be 5'10", but I seem to be shrinking in my golden years.. I was poking fun at you, I can sort of tell from your avatar picture that you are not 'short', but you have to admit, you'd be a funny looking dude to be pushing that much weight and only be 5'5"! Look like a beachball with legs!

In actuality I hope that your successful in your weight loss program. Losing weight as we age, becomes more problematic, until many just give up and become fat.. I'm trying to avoid that, but so far I don't seem to be able to alter my caloric intake. I love sweet tea, the occasional Pepsi and cookies.. Not good..

Hopefully your progress will be reported and will serve to enthuse me to greater efforts.. I will follow your posts closely..

Roger

It usually works fine for me as well. For some reason when I clicked the reply with quote it just gave me a blank white box to type in............

Weight loss to date has been a 1.6# GAIN.
Only 1 beer and NO ice cream yesterday.
Must be muscle gain...........but I think it is just water...........

Dunno about beach ball, but, if I could be the volley ball in Chuck's pic of the day.............:tongue::tongue:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Now, for some tractor culture.....

8401923385_d1ee0c84c5_z.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Now, for some tractor culture.....

attachment.php

REPEAT !! We saw this !! Need NEW Stuff !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

ACDelco makes a good one try this part number. 36G0129

Yep! ... Thanks Chuck I saw that @ Rock, I'm trying to find something LOCAL, no core shipping hassle, and if I find a cheap enough core charge ( found $16.00 @ Auto-Zone, BUT their units are for schitt ) I'll keep my core and send it over for rebuild through my garage guy ! I prefer a Cardone unit, they appear to be pretty good units, others I found are over 2-300 bucks ! Then I need NEW lines & an inline filter too! most places will NOT warranty unless lines & filter/ flushing is done .. P.I.T.A. ..:thumbdown:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It usually works fine for me as well. For some reason when I clicked the reply with quote it just gave me a blank white box to type in............

Weight loss to date has been a 1.6# GAIN.
Only 1 beer and NO ice cream yesterday.
Must be muscle gain...........but I think it is just water...........

Dunno about beach ball, but, if I could be the volley ball in Chuck's pic of the day.............:tongue::tongue:

I do feel for you guys, my wifey and family members all hate me, I could eat the biggest Thanksgiving Dinner then eat EVERYTHING in the Publix Bakery and NOT gain a pound, I am the same weight I was in the A.F. after Basic, ( 135-137 light in the arse Lbs. ) I have to keep bricks in my pockets from blowin away during rain-storms here !! ( LOL ) I still fit into my ol HIGH school shirts .. yep all these years but they're great quality shirts, wifey keeps tryin to "lose" them on me, I just dig em outa the trash, like ol slippers I keep schitt till it falls off !! .. Course I quit drinking ( 20 yrs this past July ) so I guess you guys are takin up my slack ... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

REPEAT !! We saw this !! Need NEW Stuff !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

My apologies....I knew when I posted tha tit was a rerun, but I said to myself "Self, what would BOOBOT do ??"

Try this:

girlmower6.jpg