The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Yup. Just a little west of Old Lyme across the CT river.

Darryl,

Well, after posting that, I realized that I had lied, (not intentionally) Becky's cousin and Zoomie actually live in Ledyard.. Don't ask me where the Olde Lyme came from, just popped into my head I guess.

Still I am sorry that you live somewhere that people would bother to come out of their house and complain about your truck idling. Of course if you're running an older P.O.S. 'Jimmy' rock-crusher with no muffler and you were parked under the ladies bedroom window, well then, that's a different matter altogether..

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

So I have been gifted with migraines for a very long time. I went to the doctor for years to get rid of them. No one could. I have I doctor that I worked for gave me a drug called Frova to make them go away. It was the best thing I have ever had. A migraine would be gone in 20 minutes. Now here is the part that I hate. Frova was $125.00 per pill. I have around 100 migraines a year that required me to take that pill. I have way more migraines than that I just get lucky enough to catch them early and a hand full of OTC pills will work. By the way that is how I found out that Tylenol caused my kidney stones. I do not use that anymore EVER. So when my insurance changed they would not cove my drug at all. A migraine does not fall under a needed medical problem. By the way, I do wish my migraines on everyone that made that decision. I do not just want them to get them till they change their minds I want them to have them for the rest of their lives. Well, that was the back story to what just happened last night.
Last night I felt a migraine coming so I took a hand full of OTC and waited for it to start working. It did not. So I took my second hand full 4 hours later and went to bed. 30 minutes later I was awakened by pain more intense then I have ever had. No more pain medication can be taken at this time. If I take anymore then I will have way more than I am allowed to take in 48 hours. I have to be very careful as I do not want to shut down organs and kill myself so I have to suffer through this one. This is not the first time I have had to go this route. It will not be the last. But last night was the worst it has been ever. It was amazing that I fell asleep at all but I did for about 2 hours. I awoke at 4:00 am to my migraine under control. This is how my migraines are. They do not normally go away they just get small enough to ignore them. I am going to be ok today. By the way, I have had every painkiller known to man to get rid of migraines but they do not work. Doctor in the ER once gave me a morphine shot. No help at all but I was high as a kite. Insurance companies should not be allowed to act as doctors.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I know there's a few guy's having concers about their weight .......... my BIL and I (when we get dragged into yard-sales by the wifey's) see some of these folks with THAT issue, we think out loud to each other......... what were they thinking, 50, 75, 125, Lbs. ago ..?? THEN we FINALLY ......... discovered the answer !!

1100908882.jpg ........ ATT00007.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Skipper, it is SO obvious that you are a Submariner.............
After running submerged for a time, you come to periscope depth and fire an array of torpedoes. both FORE and AFT.....(MOSTLY AFT....)

Then you Run Silent, Run Deep again............

Yes'sah, I'm a deep divin', death-defyin', steely-eyed, killer. Our motto was: "F--- the women and children, get the tonnage!" (Submarine Captains were awarded according to the tons of shipping sunk.)

Ahh-OO-Gaa - - Ahh-OO-Gaa - - Dive - -Dive... Take her down and take her deep, make your depth XXXX feet.. Make minimum turns, Rig for silent running.

We had six tubes forward and only four aft and carried more 'fish' forward as well. Used to 'sleep' with them. It was comforting having several hundred pounds of Torpex under your bunk.

It is quiet down here.....

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Darryl .... perhaps driving something like this will improve your "subtle" means of communication with those "aggresive" drivers you have to contend with ...

View attachment 40617

Boo,

I don't like the idea of having to reach behind me to retrieve extra rounds!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I've been trying to grow Lobster & Filet Mignon, Haven't been too successful, but my wifey's garden brings forth many veggies .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Lobster:

Attachments

• Lobster 2.jpg
    Lobster 2.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 4

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

So I have been gifted with migraines for a very long time. I went to the doctor for years to get rid of them. No one could. I have I doctor that I worked for gave me a drug called Frova to make them go away. It was the best thing I have ever had. A migraine would be gone in 20 minutes. Now here is the part that I hate. Frova was $125.00 per pill. I have around 100 migraines a year that required me to take that pill. I have way more migraines than that I just get lucky enough to catch them early and a hand full of OTC pills will work. By the way that is how I found out that Tylenol caused my kidney stones. I do not use that anymore EVER. So when my insurance changed they would not cove my drug at all. A migraine does not fall under a needed medical problem. By the way, I do wish my migraines on everyone that made that decision. I do not just want them to get them till they change their minds I want them to have them for the rest of their lives. Well, that was the back story to what just happened last night.
Last night I felt a migraine coming so I took a hand full of OTC and waited for it to start working. It did not. So I took my second hand full 4 hours later and went to bed. 30 minutes later I was awakened by pain more intense then I have ever had. No more pain medication can be taken at this time. If I take anymore then I will have way more than I am allowed to take in 48 hours. I have to be very careful as I do not want to shut down organs and kill myself so I have to suffer through this one. This is not the first time I have had to go this route. It will not be the last. But last night was the worst it has been ever. It was amazing that I fell asleep at all but I did for about 2 hours. I awoke at 4:00 am to my migraine under control. This is how my migraines are. They do not normally go away they just get small enough to ignore them. I am going to be ok today. By the way, I have had every painkiller known to man to get rid of migraines but they do not work. Doctor in the ER once gave me a morphine shot. No help at all but I was high as a kite. Insurance companies should not be allowed to act as doctors.

Chuck,

I am sorry to hear you are afflicted with what must at times be a debilitating illness. I was wondering though, how long had you been taking Tylenol before you had kidney stones? I've had kidney stones a couple times (but had never taken Tylenol at that time) but now I am taking just four Tylenol a day along with Ibuprofen due to knee pain. It works fairly well, but I've been doing it for a month and can't get surgery to correct the situation until November. What do you think? Am I a candidate for more stones?

I hope changes come about that offers you relief that is affordable. Good luck!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I know there's a few guy's having concers about their weight .......... my BIL and I (when we get dragged into yard-sales by the wifey's) see some of these folks with THAT issue, we think out loud to each other......... what were they thinking, 50, 75, 125, Lbs. ago ..?? THEN we FINALLY ......... discovered the answer !!

View attachment 40631 ........ View attachment 40632

Boo!!

Don't EVER do that again!--- EVER!!!

I'm going to be sick for a month!!

Rog