The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Gooooooooooooooooood Mornin Chuck.. hc3066_plus-size-camille-strappy-lace-panty_teal_alt2.jpg

Goooood Mornin Gang, and you too Boud & Ron .. b8d24021d41ec38d6e1048ad0e3773f9.jpg

Thought 4 2day : .. 2018-01-29-03ac559b_fixed.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 319,802

Total views 211

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 149.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Air compressor project

OK, testosterone set...........back to machinery.

A Champion 5hp 2 stage air compressor came with the house/shop.
I made sure it was on the contract.
I hadn't used it much, as it didn't hold air and didn't seem to pump too well.
As I will be needing it to operate air tools and spray paint, it was time to git 'er goin'.
First I bought a new set of head valves.
While replacing, I found the low pressure discharge valve laying gin the head in pieces.
That couldn't have been doing much good.
Once the valves were done, the pump did a much better job, but there was air still leaking
out thru the intake muffler from the unloader.
Upon disassembly, I found that there was NO check valve on the discharge line going into the tank.
And, the unloader was not really unloading as it should. Good thing, I guess, as the air would have leaked down quickly.
So, I await delivery of the check valve, hopefully today.
Adding that into the discharge line is gonna screw up the pipe fitting location for the cooling radiator.
I will probably need to shorten a piece of copper tube and install a new compression sleeve.
Piece of cake....just get one from the hardware store...right??

WRONG !

3/4" compression ferrules do NOT exist locally,,, not at either of 2 hardware stores (5/6" no problem....7/8" EZ. 3/4" am I speaking Greek?? NONE !!)
Not Home Depot; not Lowe's; not even the plumbing supply store...........NADA !
Had to order online !!

Oh,well, we'll see how it goes.
Hopefully it will be blowing hard shortly................(just like Boo !!)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Air compressor project

OK, testosterone set...........back to machinery.

A Champion 5hp 2 stage air compressor came with the house/shop.
I made sure it was on the contract.
I hadn't used it much, as it didn't hold air and didn't seem to pump too well.
As I will be needing it to operate air tools and spray paint, it was time to git 'er goin'.
First I bought a new set of head valves.
While replacing, I found the low pressure discharge valve laying gin the head in pieces.
That couldn't have been doing much good.
Once the valves were done, the pump did a much better job, but there was air still leaking
out thru the intake muffler from the unloader.
Upon disassembly, I found that there was NO check valve on the discharge line going into the tank.
And, the unloader was not really unloading as it should. Good thing, I guess, as the air would have leaked down quickly.
So, I await delivery of the check valve, hopefully today.
Adding that into the discharge line is gonna screw up the pipe fitting location for the cooling radiator.
I will probably need to shorten a piece of copper tube and install a new compression sleeve.
Piece of cake....just get one from the hardware store...right??

WRONG !

3/4" compression ferrules do NOT exist locally,,, not at either of 2 hardware stores (5/6" no problem....7/8" EZ. 3/4" am I speaking Greek?? NONE !!)
Not Home Depot; not Lowe's; not even the plumbing supply store...........NADA !
Had to order online !!

Oh,well, we'll see how it goes.
Hopefully it will be blowing hard shortly................(just like Boo !!)

.................... images (Small).jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pet peeve word of the day

Today's word is: ET CETERA.
Really screeches at me when people say "EC Cetera, EK Cetra, ECK Cetera, or EX Cetera."

It is "ET Cetera.............

I really hate hearing that, ecspecially when I have axed people to pronounce it correctly........

mhavanti

Threads

Ronno,

Everybody can't spell, we all know that. Who though is this ET Cetera? I know of this fella Peter Cetera. Pretty good vocalist and song writer in his own right.

You should listen to some of his early material with Chicago.

Easy listening,

Max

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Pet peeve word of the day

Today's word is: ET CETERA.
Really screeches at me when people say "EC Cetera, EK Cetra, ECK Cetera, or EX Cetera."

It is "ET Cetera.............

I really hate hearing that, ecspecially when I have axed people to pronounce it correctly........

I just use the word "AND" cause I can't spell "etceyera" ... OR.. I just use the breeveeashun, ..ect. ,ect. etc. ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ronno,

Everybody can't spell, we all know that. Who though is this ET Cetera? I know of this fella Peter Cetera. Pretty good vocalist and song writer in his own right.

You should listen to some of his early material with Chicago.

Easy listening,

Max

WELL, WELL, WELL Mr. Avanti himself !! .. Got lost at the "Beer & Brothel" for quite awhile now ! at least you're still "warm & breathing"..... This guy Peter Cetera... any friend of Peter Gozinya ?? or Ben Dover ?? Haywood Juhblowmee ?? .. :laughing:..:laughing: