The Daily Yardman Thread

Pumper54

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

That's weird to have only three bolts in the same pattern as a four bolt engine.. I figured that they would be laid out differently. (Like 120 degrees apart.)

Roger, did some quick checking on line and it seems that Sear (Craftsmen) or who ever builds those mowers use the same deck for several different models so I guess they designed and build "one size fits all" decks. It does seem odd to have 6 engine mounting holes and then only use 3 of them. I might just pull the engine off the deck to see if there are any more mounting holes in the engine itself.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey guys, if you (or someone you know has a Reese hitch on their vehicle) , this might be something to consider having fabricated ..

FANCY HITCH.jpg

Threads

Roger, did some quick checking on line and it seems that Sear (Craftsmen) or who ever builds those mowers use the same deck for several different models so I guess they designed and build "one size fits all" decks. It does seem odd to have 6 engine mounting holes and then only use 3 of them. I might just pull the engine off the deck to see if there are any more mounting holes in the engine itself.
Tom

The reason for the extra holes are for mounting the engine different ways on the frames...........

For example Snappers with the High Vac bags. the engine came mounted sideways on most of them........ Then you can turn them backwards if you want to......

If a hole wears out you have the option of repositioning you engine.........

Threads

Tom they do not have any xtra holes on the engine itself............

Pumper54

Threads

The reason for the extra holes are for mounting the engine different ways on the frames...........

For example Snappers with the High Vac bags. the engine came mounted sideways on most of them........ Then you can turn them backwards if you want to......

If a hole wears out you have the option of repositioning you engine.........

Thats what I fingered out. One deck for all the 21 " mowers.
Tom

Pumper54

Threads

She says Good night to all you guys

zxaefi1476955791981.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 359,842

Total views 407