The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Be thankful they don't quit TURKEYS................

R U callin ME 1 of those things with feathers, that folks eat on Thanksgivin ..??

3d30cb8cdc959b543be2aec5bcc94f73.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Mornin Chuck .. 9da83a502037c16b02bd6874659ef354 (Medium).jpg

G' Mornin Gang .. 453e4e34e0d9f29d103e9f2e1fe25ad8.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 111qawq (Medium).png

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 357,186

Total views 364

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 215.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Use your press to press out the sleeve you installed and try it with no sleeve just running the axle inside. If it doesn't work all you have to do is recut and install the sleeve.
Make any sense?
Tom

Tom,

Yes, that makes sense, but I would have to have a solidly mounted axel for the shive. Currently it is just a bolt run through the aluminum bracket I made. If the axle was rigidly attached to the bracket that would help, I could just leave the lock nut slightly loose and I believe the shive would rotate on it. As it is I still have to leave the lock nut loose, but that allows the bolt to tip slightly and then the face of the shive contacts the bracket. What we needed was a REAL stainless steel shive with real stainless steel bearings, not some cheap Chinese crap that rusted out in less than three months!

I could get stainless bearings and machine them into the Delrin. I 'could' do a number of things, but currently I'm busy beating myself up for being such a dumb-arse. I'll settle down eventually and do something smarter..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Yes the poplar does rot fast. My neighbor who the oak almost fell on will burn it. Hes actually my caretaker and usually cuts up anything that blocks the trails or roadway but his saw is down. He helps take care of the place in exchange for a place to hike and swim the dogs every evening. I wouldn't want him cleaning up the poplar mess anyway. It splits easily but burns more like a soft wood. I dropped 5 trees that size or bigger and burned them when we first bought our house. Well the tree guy I used to work for dropped them. I spent the next 2 months cleaning up, lol. They were way too close to the house and cars for comfort.

Darryl,

Poplar is a messy tree as well as being weak. Getting them away from the house is a good idea. Plus they spread from their far reaching root systems, sending up shoots all over the place where they are not wanted like your lawn. The wood is actually quite good for trim work as it is stable when dry and takes and holds paint well. It is also used as a secondary wood in furniture. Seeing it cut and planed is odd as it has green swaths throughout the grain.

Roger

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hard to believe she is a wrestler..........

ronda-rousey1.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Darryl,

Poplar is a messy tree as well as being weak. Getting them away from the house is a good idea. Plus they spread from their far reaching root systems, sending up shoots all over the place where they are not wanted like your lawn. The wood is actually quite good for trim work as it is stable when dry and takes and holds paint well. It is also used as a secondary wood in furniture. Seeing it cut and planed is odd as it has green swaths throughout the grain.

Roger

Yup, weak and often taller than surrounding trees which is a bad combination...they catch the wind and the tops snap out. I eradicated all the ones near the house and have no love for them wherever they are. I wish I had done the same with some black birches when they were smaller and easier to deal with. The birch saplings do make good tomato stakes but they only last a year or 2.