The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Old,fat and slow..........

Ron,

I'm thinking PELOTRON! You could be riding with a bevy of fine young ladies everyday and not embarrass yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKQsxe7DH8

Geez, I thought Boo would be dazzled and amazed at seeing an engine with digitally controlled valves... but Ohhhhhhh Noooooooo, all he wants to do is ogle pictures of girls, absolutely none of which would give a ratsass if he is dead or alive.. Some mechanic.. Ha...

Rog

Goomba......... yer Kotex is hangin out yer zipper, .. AGAIN !!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Back when I used to race bicycles I rode rollers off season. Basically it's just 2 rollers in the back and one in the front that you have to balance on. It encourages good form...anything less and you crash! But it's hot and boring. It makes a big difference when you don't have the wind to dry you off. I say just drop down a gear or 2 and try to keep your cadence up.

I was going to go for a bike ride last week. Went to check on my bike in the garage. I had the helmet clipped to the handlebars with my gloves in it. The helmet was full of sunflower seeds, the gloves were chewed up and the helmet smelled like mouse piss. Tossed them in the trash. I need new riding shoes too. The soles on those hardened up and the glue dried up. Also in the trash. I could use a new jersey too. I don't even know where mine would be at this point. So that's like $200 or so just to get outfitted with riding gear, and I haven't even evaluated the bike itself. New tires are probably in order and new handlebar tape as well. The rest should be ok, but a new saddle would be nice. I have a racing saddle on mine that isn't exactly comfy.

Contact Ron about having your saddle medically implanted up your arse, he seems to really enjoy his implant.. :laughing:..:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 351,042

Total views 529

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 201.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Mornin Chuck .. 4c227357ea85357e9660b816375ff1f4.jpg

Goooooooooood Mornin Gang , N U 2 Ron .. 23b071f6915f49ca19eaf485db239be8.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 28575719_2111919112168515_5491705831541958564_n.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Back when I used to race bicycles I rode rollers off season. Basically it's just 2 rollers in the back and one in the front that you have to balance on. It encourages good form...anything less and you crash! But it's hot and boring. It makes a big difference when you don't have the wind to dry you off. I say just drop down a gear or 2 and try to keep your cadence up.

I was going to go for a bike ride last week. Went to check on my bike in the garage. I had the helmet clipped to the handlebars with my gloves in it. The helmet was full of sunflower seeds, the gloves were chewed up and the helmet smelled like mouse piss. Tossed them in the trash. I need new riding shoes too. The soles on those hardened up and the glue dried up. Also in the trash. I could use a new jersey too. I don't even know where mine would be at this point. So that's like $200 or so just to get outfitted with riding gear, and I haven't even evaluated the bike itself. New tires are probably in order and new handlebar tape as well. The rest should be ok, but a new saddle would be nice. I have a racing saddle on mine that isn't exactly comfy.

Geez Darryl,

The last time I really went bike riding was like 60 years ago and a pair of sneakers, shorts and a tee shirt and I was ready to go! I guess you can't even ride a bike without the correct 'uniform' anymore.. I miss the "Good Old Days". The only time you ever wore a helmet was if you were in the Army and they made you wear it! And as already mentioned, bike riding was great fun in shorts and tees.. "Road Rash" was a badge of honor. Like Boo, I'm just 'Old School', I guess..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Old,fat and slow..........

Goomba......... yer Kotex is hangin out yer zipper, .. AGAIN !!

Ahhhh com'on.. You know that was a neat mechanical invention, digital valve control! It's going to revolutionize gasoline engines just when (those who don't really understand batteries) thought that all cars would be battery operated in a few years and we'd all be crawling along the sidewalks like our grand daughters in their battery operated, pink, Barbie-mobiles!

Ya gotta admit, it's a cool idea!

Rog

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Geez Darryl,

The last time I really went bike riding was like 60 years ago and a pair of sneakers, shorts and a tee shirt and I was ready to go! I guess you can't even ride a bike without the correct 'uniform' anymore.. I miss the "Good Old Days". The only time you ever wore a helmet was if you were in the Army and they made you wear it! And as already mentioned, bike riding was great fun in shorts and tees.. "Road Rash" was a badge of honor. Like Boo, I'm just 'Old School', I guess..

Rog
I used to do the same most of the time. The only time I wore a helmet was during races because they were required. Then my friend Paula who is a physical therapist working with traumatic brain injury patients gave me ample reason to wear one with a not so little speech. The Jerseys are nice due to the rear pockets. I can fit a spare tube, banana and water bottle in there.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Geez Darryl,

Rog

Yes Kemosabe, .. WE, are whats left of the "old-school" guy's .. 6a00d8341bf7d953ef0115714e799c970c-320wi.jpg

Darryl & Ron spend more money on their bikes and "APPROPRIATE -ATTIRE" than I spent on Alcohol my entire "drinkin-days" .. which did surpass the D.O.D. annual Budget in 1967 .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing: