The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wreaths Across America

ALL HANDS

We just watched the Wreaths Across America parade heading down US Route One from Maine to Washington DC. It has become a tradition around here to watch them all go by. The first neighbor to see them to your East gives you a call so you can get to where you need to be to see them all go by.. This year was fantastic! I took eight full minutes for the entire parade to pass a single point! I didn't realize that we had that many police cars in the whole state! There were anywhere from two, to four semi-trailers full of wreaths in between each pair of police cars, all with their lights on and the trucks were lit up like Christmas too!

We got a call from three towns away, so we had plenty of time to get ready..

You can check out their web site with this link: http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/

Pretty impressive...

ATTEN--HUT!! - - HAND SALUTE!! - - Two... Honors have been rendered...

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Did I miss the pic??

Ahhhh schitt Ron, I screwed up!! I was talking about YOUR home, not Doc's!! Sorry about that buddy, I've got no excuse except old age and a sever case of CRS!!

Not knocking your house Doc, I just liked that all brick domicile, nice looking place, snow and all...

I'm sorry guys, I'll go hide my head in shame..

Roger...

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Plowing

we were only expecting 1 to 3 inches, got 6 instead, and with the sun shinning today we have 2 to 4 with mud....oh happy day. Still had enough to need the plow
View attachment 35027

I have a very long driveway
View attachment 35028
View attachment 35029

Doc,

Plowing sucks when you have to do it before the ground freezes.. You end up wrecking the edges of the lawn and driveways.. Looks like you were real careful. Mother will be proud of you.

Rog

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Wreaths Across America

ALL HANDS

We just watched the Wreaths Across America parade heading down US Route One from Maine to Washington DC. It has become a tradition around here to watch them all go by. The first neighbor to see them to your East gives you a call so you can get to where you need to be to see them all go by.. This year was fantastic! I took eight full minutes for the entire parade to pass a single point! I didn't realize that we had that many police cars in the whole state! There were anywhere from two, to four semi-trailers full of wreaths in between each pair of police cars, all with their lights on and the trucks were lit up like Christmas too!

We got a call from three towns away, so we had plenty of time to get ready..

You can check out their web site with this link: http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/

Pretty impressive...

ATTEN--HUT!! - - HAND SALUTE!! - - Two... Honors have been rendered...

Roger

That is really nice and the timing, just before the greedy ME season of christamss is a very sombering idea.
You hear it on the news all he time, 1 dead here, two dead there and the magnitude of the whole lot does not hit home till you read 357 truck loads of wreaths.
We don't have a major national war cemetery as such and the bulk of our dead diggers are burried OS so the magnitude of the impact of wars tends to be overlooked, till you go to a one horse town and find the war memorial, usually in ruin and if some low life has not removed the brass plaque you start reading the names and come to realize just how many complete families got wiped out.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron, YOU !, my friend, . . MISSED THE BOAT !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Yeah, I admit....had my tickets all bought and everything.
But that HMS Titanic sailed without me...........

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ahhhh schitt Ron, I screwed up!! I was talking about YOUR home, not Doc's!! Sorry about that buddy, I've got no excuse except old age and a sever case of CRS!!

Not knocking your house Doc, I just liked that all brick domicile, nice looking place, snow and all...

I'm sorry guys, I'll go hide my head in shame..

Roger...

No sweat, Rog. That condition comes from all those years looking up at the oceans' surface.................

At least you have an excuse.
I think Boo is just cantankerous..............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

No sweat, Rog. That condition comes from all those years looking up at the oceans' surface.................

At least you have an excuse.
I think Boo is just cantankerous..............

Gotta go check my eyelids for holes, tomorrow, is yet another day,. . sharpen your sword Ron, er, .. rather your keyboard fingers, ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

emoticon-snoozing.png

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

No sweat, Rog. That condition comes from all those years looking up at the oceans' surface.

LOL - :laughing:

Ron, it wasn't so much 'looking' up there as it was praying we'd 'get' up there!

I appreciate your letting me slide on this, but it is pretty sad when your mind thinks "Ron" and your fingers type "Doc".. I literally have to re-read everything I write at least twice, to have any hope of producing what I had intended.

Ahhh, the 'Golden Years', . . . what a crock of schitt!

You have to have the correct attitude to survive them! When my mother was in her 90's (she lived to be 98) she had a medical issue arise and after the doctor explained it to her she looked at me and said, - "I didn't live this long to have something go wrong now!" That cracked me up! . . . But, 'SHE' had a right attitude... I'm still struggling to get a grip on it all...

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 147,632