The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

SHEEESSHH ... a brisk 51deg. this mornin,

CC.jpg

Wondering what's going on with our "regular-guy's" , I guess Tom is still on medical leave, anybody heard anything ..??

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Not so much sweet as fun and it was not so much love as lust.

On a different forum I got friendly with another metallurgist , Gerry Bristow and this went on for 9 years till he had a heart attack at his brothers house while preparing for the IOM ( as a spectator).
I grieve for Gerry very often although we never shared anything more than lines of text and we definately never had sex .
Life is a funny like that.

Bert-Man,

I guess I am too much a romantic not to fall in love with any of the women I've had a relationship with. ("Relationship" in this instance means anything more than a one-night-stand!) However, I never truly understood "love" until I was over a half century old! I think young men confuse lust and love more often than not.

I had a friend, Dave Purington, who had been a submarine captain out of Key West. I met him years later after he had retired from the Navy and owned a gun shop in Brunswick, Maine. Dave was a great guy and we spent many a rainy afternoon swapping sea stories about our adventures in the boats. He used to escape the Maine winters by turning the shops operation over to a couple of guys that worked for him and head for Key West. He died down there in April of '05 and I have missed him sorely ever since. We never had sex either, regardless of what you may have heard about submarine sailors.

Roger

P.S. I feel I should point out that Janice Joplin was not (IMO) a very handsome woman. Certainly not pretty enough to make a man want to get into music rather than twist wrenches. She sure could belt out a song though..

Attachments

• Janic Joplin.jpg
    Janic Joplin.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 5

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 126,490

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Bert-Man,

P.S. I feel I should point out that Janice Joplin was not (IMO) a very handsome woman. Certainly not pretty enough to make a man want to get into music rather than twist wrenches. She sure could belt out a song though..

gees things must be different in the land of the free.
Down here sexual performance and glamorous appearence would seem to be mutually exclusive.
And metallurgist do not twist wrenches, we look down microscopes, break things dissolve things & melt things.
Wrenching is what I did for fun and being a BSA owner I did a lot of roadside wrenching, and all the pushing was good exercise.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Bert-Man,

I guess I am too much a romantic not to fall in love with any of the women I've had a relationship with. ("Relationship" in this instance means anything more than a one-night-stand!) However, I never truly understood "love" until I was over a half century old! I think young men confuse lust and love more often than not.

I had a friend, Dave Purington, who had been a submarine captain out of Key West. I met him years later after he had retired from the Navy and owned a gun shop in Brunswick, Maine. Dave was a great guy and we spent many a rainy afternoon swapping sea stories about our adventures in the boats. He used to escape the Maine winters by turning the shops operation over to a couple of guys that worked for him and head for Key West. He died down there in April of '05 and I have missed him sorely ever since. We never had sex either, regardless of what you may have heard about submarine sailors.

Roger

Janice Joplin, could NOT help bein ugly, BUT the LEAST she coulda done was stay home ..!!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Janice Joplin, could NOT help bein ugly, BUT the LEAST she coulda done was stay home ..!!

True, Pearl was not real easy on the eyes, but................

Bumble Bee Sardines are all wild caught, and a pretty darn good value as well.
The boneless and skinless come in a 4.4oz can as opposed to 3.4oz for many others,
and cost about the same as the smaller cans.
Reese boneless and skinless, are the least expensive and excellent as well.
I am still waiting to see if they are wild caught......
The Reese and King Oscar boneless and skinless are also 4.4oz tins as well.

The Crown Prince Boneless/skinless are only 3.4oz................

Anyway, the least likes of the ones I purchased in Atlanta were the Bar Harbor, as they were packed in water.
I have one more tin of them, and I think I'll drain the water and add olive oil prior to consuming..........

Now,m y'all know as much as me........

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

True, Pearl was not real easy on the eyes, but................

Bumble Bee Sardines are all wild caught, and a pretty darn good value as well.
The boneless and skinless come in a 4.4oz can as opposed to 3.4oz for many others,
and cost about the same as the smaller cans.
Reese boneless and skinless, are the least expensive and excellent as well.
I am still waiting to see if they are wild caught......
The Reese and King Oscar boneless and skinless are also 4.4oz tins as well.

The Crown Prince Boneless/skinless are only 3.4oz................

Anyway, the least likes of the ones I purchased in Atlanta were the Bar Harbor, as they were packed in water.
I have one more tin of them, and I think I'll drain the water and add olive oil prior to consuming..........

Now,m y'all know as much as me........
not yet, we have to wait for Bert to chime in with a 400 word essay on the subject

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

happy Wednesday everyone