The Daily Yardman Thread

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Shave ? Motorcycling knowledge is proportional to the length of your beard and I am on several marque expert lists. :thumbsup:
Bathe ? what is that we are 60 miles away from the beach. :ashamed:
Loin Cloths ? they are always clean but I need to be careful in summer when bending over a mower or I get a sun burned butt so have occasionally been known to wear 2 of them :mad:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

much cooler today.......and for the record, whether the history was good or bad, erasing it for the sake of those "offended" is bull ****, pull your pants and walk like a man.....I really hate how the country had become over the last 10 years..........I for one will never ever become "politically correct" for anyone, like what I say or don't, just move on

Right on Doc!! I couldn't agree more...

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Shave ? Motorcycling knowledge is proportional to the length of your beard and I am on several marque expert lists. :thumbsup:
Bathe ? what is that we are 60 miles away from the beach. :ashamed:
Loin Cloths ? they are always clean but I need to be careful in summer when bending over a mower or I get a sun burned butt so have occasionally been known to wear 2 of them :mad:

AHHhh THERE IS HOPE, that's the Bert we've come to admire and respect, always ready to spew forth the details that enable us to fully understand his complicated personality !! .. ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

GLAD you're back, hope you had a GREAT get-away and enjoyed a rollicking good time !!! ..:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Wednesday is a day, it is the one when the social security is deposited. The rest are Saturday except Sunday. Therefore, there is one Wednesday a month, a bunch of Saturdays and four Sundays.

It just goes to show you that 'some' people (ex-jet mechs, not included) have actually thought this retirement thing through and not simply settled on the old hack of every day being a Saturday!

Hey, B. Wells, you aren't any relation to a guy named Lloyd Wells (now deceased) who lived in Maine are you?

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Did ya miss me ?
More over did you misbehave while I was gone ?:thumbdown:

Bert,

Has the dust settled over Melbourne yet?

Just want you to know that we struggled mightily to - "hold things together" - "keep the ship on course" - "maintain some sense of continuity" - etc... etc... - in your absence. - I'll have you know it was not easy!

The real question of course is this: Did YOU misbehave while you were gone?

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Wednesday is a day, it is the one when the social security is deposited. The rest are Saturday except Sunday. Therefore, there is one Wednesday a month, a bunch of Saturdays and four Sundays.

I will have to confer with my colleagues concerning your statement, although you raise some good points, the credibility is uncertain, hence our conference, you can rest assured, we shall hold hearings on your contribution to our policy . We would sincerely appreciate any and all evidence you may wish to put forth in regards to your submission. Many of us too, eagerly await our monthly "just-due" but we have made concrete arrangements with the S.S. Administration to mail / (deposit) said item on Saturdays . ..:laughing: :laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It just goes to show you that 'some' people (ex-jet mechs, not included) have actually thought this retirement thing through and not simply settled on the old hack of every day being a Saturday!

Hey, B. Wells, you aren't any relation to a guy named Lloyd Wells (now deceased) who lived in Maine are you?

Roger

NO ,he's related to Orson Wells ya dummy !! ..:confused2:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy - (Let's see, what day is it.... Hmmmm, Wednesday, nope, that was yesterday... OK I've got it then it's Thursday!!) Happy Thursday everyone...

I've got a Doctors appointment at the VA today to discuss knees, especially why they no longer like to bend and provide the other functions that knees are supposed to do that we don't even think about, until they no longer do them!

And no Boo, the only 'job' I ever did that required me to spend anytime on my knees was when I first got out of high school and I went to work for a sailmaker. All we did every day was crawl around on a polished hardwood floor and lay out cloth... LOTS of cloth. That year ('63) we made an entire suit of sails for the "Victory Chimes". At the time it was the largest suit of sails made on the East Coast in 100 years. As the youngest (and newest) member of the company I had to go to Castine with the boss to "measure the boat". I remember climbing the ratlines on the mizzen mast and that it was 81-feet tall.. It took us almost all winter to sew up those sails.

Oddly enough, the current owner/Captain's name is "Files", back in '63 it was Captain "Giles" and I can tell you from watching the second video I've attached here, Giles wasn't anywhere near as personable as Files. He was more of a "Rocks and Shoals" sailor, from back in the days of "Wooden ships and Iron Men".

Here is a lengthy video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k43YHZ7qOeA (This video features Tim Samples a Maine comedian. But, he's not being funny.)

Here's a shorter video with a shot of her underway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GaZ-wC0VSY

I actually ended up with 'water-on-the-knee' by the following summer. Maybe that started my problems, but I think it's genetic, my maternal grandfather had bad knees in his old age. He never had a drivers license and walked everywhere he went. I expect he just wore his knees out.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

NO ,he's related to Orson Wells ya dummy !! ..:confused2:

Oh!! Well, I didn't know Orson, but I did know Lloyd, (who was VERY rich and was also a customer/friend of mine).

Orson was more from back in YOUR day right?? "The War of the Worlds" and all that.. (You old fart!)

Ha!!!

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Oh!! Well, I didn't know Orson, but I did know Lloyd, (who was VERY rich and was also a customer/friend of mine).

Orson was more from back in YOUR day right?? "The War of the Worlds" and all that.. (You old fart!)

Ha!!!

Rog

OLD-FART !! HUMPH !! look at the pot calling the kettle black !! ..Wish I had Orson's money though . ..:laughing: