Hillside mowers

grasswhacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am thinking about getting a toro grandstand to mow my steep hillsides. I have a pond at the bottom of them. I have a Kubota zg327 that I use and it does a great job but my wife and kids think I am going to kill myself doing it and maybe they are right.i think maybe I need something that I can get away from if something goes wrong. Does a grandstand sound about right or would something else do better I mean other than a goat or a mowing surge. Thank you

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Grandstand is a goop option. You can also get a WB or cheap push mower. Depends on the size that needs to be mowed.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am thinking about getting a toro grandstand to mow my steep hillsides. I have a pond at the bottom of them. I have a Kubota zg327 that I use and it does a great job but my wife and kids think I am going to kill myself doing it and maybe they are right.i think maybe I need something that I can get away from if something goes wrong. Does a grandstand sound about right or would something else do better I mean other than a goat or a mowing surge. Thank you

Yes the Toro Grandstand sounds about right. You can buy what you like but, Toro with its lower center of gravity is a big plus on slopes and the larger ride platform is also a big plus along with the walk behind option. Something you may want to do is do a little test drive on stander before you buy. I don't know what size your Kubota zg327 is but I use the 36" grandstand on retention ponds and it does a good job. If you've never been on or used a stander I will warn you :smile: there's a bit of a learning curve but when you get use to the mower it's great and you may want to sell your Kubota. :smile: I know my Toro Z Master stays on the trailer most of the time.