Farris Pouring Oil Out Bottom

HomeTurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I am new here. I joined to help anyone that may have had this problem.

Symptom starts with mower blowing white smoke on start up then goes away. Eventually the white smoke stays. The reason is (in the particular situation for me) a carb related problem. The oil pouring out the bottom is simply gas that has been pumped into the crank and thinned the oil. It initially seems like a catastrophic expensive seal problem. Not at all. Oil change , carb rebuild. I am now using Stayble (sp) fuel treatment.

Note: Mine is the 1500Z 48. It is the most reliable machine I have ever owned. I bought this after months of research. I found it for 3500 used with 50 hrs. I bought it on Ebay and drove 5 states to get it because of the deal. The only thing I suggest for repair change is the seat bolts in the hinge will rust and freeze up. take them out and replace with stainless. Smooth soft and mows at full speed any height. Will mow 2 foot high grass with sharp blades blown to the outside with almost zero drag. Will mow dirt level scalp on dead grass to easily prepare for tilling and new sod (obviously not an every day task). I am just conveying that it will take a lot of abuse and keeps on ticking.

HomeTurf

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Ferris is an Awesome Mower. This issue is related to the junk gasoline glogging parts of the carb if the mower sits for long periods of time.