Bad Boy Zero Turn When Engaging Blades Seems Like It Is Bogging Down

hillro

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Bad Boy Zero Turn When Engaging Blades Seems Like It Is Bogging Down
Have Bad Boy Zero turn that runs fine up to speed until you engage the blades and then slows down like trying to mow in high grass to almost barely moving. Any suggestions possibly the PTO going out. Thanks in advance for any help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the deck drive belt off and start the mower, and engage the pto. If it stays the same, then check the belts, pulleys and spindles for binding. If it bogs down with the deck belt unattached, then look at the pto clutch or other engine related items.

It could also be the possibility that you are running on one cylinder and are not making the required power to pull the deck.

hillro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the deck drive belt off and start the mower, and engage the pto. If it stays the same, then check the belts, pulleys and spindles for binding. If it bogs down with the deck belt unattached, then look at the pto clutch or other engine related items.

It could also be the possibility that you are running on one cylinder and are not making the required power to pull the deck.

It doesn't do it when sitting still but when I start mowing and push the arms forward and engage the blades. It starts off fine for couple yards then it starts slowing up as mowing in high grass and engine starts to struggle as if binding or as losing power. Thank you for info as I will try your suggestion. If any other suggestions would appreciate them.

hunteraaron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bump

Was this ever solved? I am having the same issues with my mower now as well. Thanks in advance.

Mower King

Threads
Bump

Was this ever solved? I am having the same issues with my mower now as well. Thanks in advance.
Check your engine and make sure it is firing on both cylinders. Pull 1 spark plug wire at a time, then put it back on.,,,all this while the eng is running!

Hardluck

Threads
Does it run and pull fine after the engine is hot without the blades engaged.

Have you change the hydraulic fluid? Have you checked the level?