Toyota Tacoma.....Good Idea or Bad Idea?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I work with some Toyota fanatics and I've heard them say there are a couple years that are not up to "Toyota quality." Generally they seem to be superb trucks otherwise but I'd do some research on the problem years before buying, parts can get pretty spendy on those machines.

(Account Closed)

Threads
I work with some Toyota fanatics and I've heard them say there are a couple years that are not up to "Toyota quality." Generally they seem to be superb trucks otherwise but I'd do some research on the problem years before buying, parts can get pretty spendy on those machines.

Toyota OEM parts, (likely like most manufacturers) are expensive. The same part, aftermarket, is WAY CHEAPER and generally just as good (depending on what it is) and often come with a longer warranty.

Castleford

Threads
I run a '95 Tacoma V6 4x4 that I bought new. I'm on my 3rd set of rear leaf springs but I use it like a rented mule, and
the springs are poorly designed, some people replace them with longer heavier springs from GM trucks.

It has no power options,AC,ABS or traction control and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm currently welding in new floor pans and rocker panels.