Repairs Drivers (hydraulic) have lost power!

mahto

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Bush Hog ZTR, model CZ2561, 5 years old with a total of 550 hours of operation. While mowing this week, I began to notice that the response to the left stick seemed to be weak. By the time I loaded the mower on the trailer to return home, it would barely climb the ramp of the trailer. After unloading, the mower would barely climb the slight incline into the barn. Fluid levels appear to be fine. Filter was replaced at the beginning of summer (about 90-100 hours ago). A friend told me to check for "blocked screens", but couldn't describe where those screens might be accessed. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check your drive belt.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Blaz is correct but also look to see if the tensioner is working properly. You don't say if you lost power just on the left side or also on the right.

mahto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Blaz is correct but also look to see if the tensioner is working properly. You don't say if you lost power just on the left side or also on the right.

I lost power initially on the left, but then on both sides. Belt looks good, i.e. dry, not frayed, etc. Unsure about the tensioner status. I'll have to check!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you lose both it is almost always the belt.