Please help! Ariens Gentrans not wanting to go full speed.

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
  • / Please help! Ariens Gentrans not wanting to go full speed.
Hey everyone i need some serious help. Our back up mower is still in need of a carb so im trying to keep my main going. It worked fine till about 5 or 6 months ago where it started not wanting to go to higher speeds. I figured it was the "timing belt" looking drive belt. I replaced it with a exact replacement and still speed has improved but if i push the lever all the way it stops half way. If while the mower is moving i push the lever all the way it will speed up but as soon as i let up is goes back to where it was before. It is also leaking trans fluid from the right rear shaft but its not a huge leak. Can anyone help? Only thing i know is its a automatic gentrans transmission.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Since we do not know what we are working on generic is the answer for the day.
Low fluid and/or debris around the shifter at the trans.

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
Theres no label on the transmission. The part number is 580486301. I tried cleaning out debris but the cover wont come loose without removing one of the drive pullys and i see no place were i can add or change the fluid.

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
Thanks abunch. Thats helps as now i can some what see what im doing

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
Thanks abunch. Thats helps as now i can some what see what im doing
Ok checked the levers and the move pretty well. I think it might be the linkage box on front of the transmission. Its like a transfer box and after removing he rod and checking movement it moves but its rough and not smooth.