Husqvarna 150BT Blower question

rrv312

Forum Newbie
Threads
first post, hoping one of you can help. I have a Husqvarna 150bt backpack blower. bought it November 2015 and have only used it 5-6 times total. last weekend I went to use it and the pull cord wouldn't pull. I took the pull assembly off and the cord worked fine. but when I reassembled it, it wouldn't pull again.

do any of you know how to fix this?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
remove spark plug & give it a try, remember, fresh gas, let us know how it goes.

Husqvarna 2 cycle oil mixed correctly with gas? loosen gas cap & give it a try, cap vent may be stopped up. see page 8 & check for obstacle in tube assy., remove tube assembly & inspect for nest, obstacle, etc.

http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/31803.pdf

Last edited:

rrv312

Forum Newbie
Threads
gas is new....removed spark plug...still didn't work

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
So you may have to disassemble it to check for what ever crawled up inside it and made a nest in the fan housing.

ksabin711

Threads
Hi All need help ASAP. We tried everything to get my 150BT back to work

Very hard to start. Once I get it to start it does not seems as strong as it use too. When I am blowing leaves for about 5 to 10 mins the blower will just die.

We changed:

carb
fluid lines ( my father bought the kit that had all new parts)
spark plug
cleaned spark screen
We have Husqvarna fuel only in the leaf blower now.
new air filter

I just tried to start with the screen on just to see if it will start. Nothing !!! pull cord and it will not kick over.

I do not have the receipt and it is 15 months old. Company just blew us off.

Any suggestions before I throw this out.

Thank You,
Keith

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a small hole in the fuel lines or primer bulb. I would check also that the fuel lines are connected correctly. Intake on the fuel filter. It would not be the first time I have seen it backwards.

(Account Closed)

Threads
After choking and trying to start, pull the spark plug and see if it's wet.

It should NOT be soaked. If so, put the spark plug hole upside down, spin over and pump all the excess fuel out.

Re-install the plug in the cap ONLY and ground. Again, pull and check for spark.

When you prime the primer bulb, can you see fuel, in the tank, being pumped back thru the line (W/O the filter)?

I don't believe your carb has any fuel screw adjusters, does it (two screws)?

You may also want to try loosening the filler cap, just in case it's NOT venting...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

So firstly what exactly do you mean by hard to start ?
Pull forever and nothing happens ?
Difficult to pull ?
Very easy to pull like it has no compressions ?
Coughs & farts but does not start ?
Fires once or twice then stops ?

It makes a big difference when some one is trying to diagnose the blower with nothing more than words on a screen.

Same story for dies.

Stops dead ?
Gradually slows to a stop ?
Revs up then stops ?
coughs & splutters then stops ?

Now this is a 2 stroke so have you been using the correct fuel : oil mix ?

Try pulling off the muffler.
If it starts easier & runs strong then there is something that has crawled into the muffler & is blocking it.
Next get a strong torch & have a good look inside.
Look for scoring inside the barrel.
Turn the engine over slowly and look at the piston rings , again looking for scratching or scoring .
Also check for carbon build up around the exhaust port.
Running too rich an oil mix will cause carbon to build up around the port & thus choke the engine.

Pull the fuel lines off the carb.
Gently blow into the return line.
You should get a very strong full flow of fuel from the outlet line if the filter is flowing properly.
Do the same with the tank almost empty.
If you get substantially less fuel then suspect a hole in the fuel line.

Having established that you are getting fuel TO the carb, slide it off, hook up the fuel lines and blow air through it .
You should get a strong flow of vapourised fuel coming out of the engine end if the carb is working properly.

Let us know what you find.