Toro Recycler won't start when hot

dminer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had this identical problem with my Toro lawn mower. It's about 10 years old. Always started first pull when hot or cold. Now it takes a couple of pulls when it's cold, and won't start at all when it's hot. I need to let it set 15 minutes after stopping it to empty the trimming bag. I tried a couple things suggested here. I replaced the spark plug and air filter (first time since buying it). I also tried loosening the fuel cap such that it wasn't air tight, to see if a vented fuel cap would solve the problem. None of these changes made any improvement in my hot starting. Then I started messing with the choke. I'm not a motor guy AT ALL. I added a picture that indicates where the choke is on my mower. I shoved a clothes pin into the choke to force it closed, and the mower started first pull. I had to pull out the clothes pin quickly so it would run smoothly. So I loosened the screw holding the choke, which I highlighted in my second picture, sprayed some WD40 at the connections, and cleaned the grass and dirt from it. Now it runs great and starts first pull hot or cold.

Attachments

• Inked20191011_170105_LI.jpg
    Inked20191011_170105_LI.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 66
  • Inked20191011_170111_LI.jpg
    Inked20191011_170111_LI.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 63