Tiger cat 48"

Blah114a

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new here. Does the 48" tiger cat have a velocity deck? I'm speaking of a new mower. A dealer told me it does not. I'm welcoming a second opinion. Please, thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
"Powerful engines and a tough dual pump and wheel motor drive system ensure dependable performance, year after year. Equipped with a Velocity Plus™ cutter deck, this mower will tame the tallest grass and leave it looking smooth and professionally manicured."
http://www.scag.com/tigercat.html

Blah114a

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I'm aware of the website. Thanks. I'm thinking the dealer is wrong.

Magsrgod

Threads
Super easy to tell, if the deck has a beveled front then its a Velocity deck. If the has the hard 90 degree angle then its a standard cutter deck. Check out some pictures and you will see what I mean! The tiger cat should have the velocity deck stock!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tiger Cat, Cheetah and Turf Tiger all have Velocity decks. The machines below the Tiger Cat level have a standard deck that is similar to the Advantage decks that were on older Tiger Cubs thru Turf Tigers, however they are not Advantage decks. My 2007 Tiger Cub came with a Velocity deck.

Last edited:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never seen a Tiger Cat with out a Velocity Deck. I have three with 52" decks and they are all beast when it comes to cutting tall grass. As far as I am concerned a Tiger Cat is as good as it gets to cut grass. If I thought anything was better I would own it.