New member!

robnav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Joined this forum to research the cause of my new Honda Harmony 190 governor surcharge issue. A lot of great knowledge in this forum.

Rob

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Rob. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

Our Honda section is always a good place to post if you need to. :smile:

DaveTN

Threads
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...harmony 190&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.27571j0j8

if it's new & under warranty take it in for repair otherwise warranty will be void if you mess it up trying to repair

Welcome to the LMF! A couple of years back my cousin bought a new mower at Lowe's and mowed once or twice with it and it started clanging
and banging! She asked me if I could fix it and I said, "Yes, but it will void your warranty if I do!" A friend and I hauled
it to the warranty shop and they replaced the cam in it. Completely broken in two pieces! And yet it ran. :confused2:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
if it's new & under warranty take it in for repair otherwise warranty will be void if you mess it up trying to repair

At least for Honda, it is not possible to 'void' your Honda warranty; the warranty is a legal document/agreement between the owner and Honda and it can't be 'voided' by Honda for any reason, including for mowers a customer has modified or done their own service work.

What CAN happen is if a customer does repairs, or makes modifications to their mower, and those changes cause some failure, Honda may decline to pay for a repair. So if a customer pulls off the carb and can't get it on properly, that's not a warranty issue for Honda to pay to repair. If a customer leaves fuel in the tank for 2 years and it decays, making the mower hard to start, that's also not a warranty item.

But, if the customer does his own oil change, air filter and spark plug, with non-Honda parts, but then the right front adjuster breaks into parts, it would be obvious the two are NOT related, so the broken adjuster WOULD be covered under warranty.