Engine Changing oil in Craftsman Eager 1

bradcash

Threads
I have a Craftsman Eager 1 lawnmower that might be 30 yrs old. I need to know how much oil and what grade. Thanks for your help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In your post two and two don't add up to four. Eager 1 has been around for thirty years, but the Tecumseh 6.75 engine didn't come out until about 15 years ago. The older Tecumseh engines used about 1 qt. of oil, but the newer ones used about 20 oz. You are going to have to figure out which engine you have.

dana a

Threads
About all 4 cycle push mowers use straight 30 weight oil. If it has a dip stick fill it to the full mark.If no dip stick pour the oil in till it is up to the top of the slot on the fill hole.

bradcash

Threads
In your post two and two don't add up to four. Eager 1 has been around for thirty years, but the Tecumseh 6.75 engine didn't come out until about 15 years ago. The older Tecumseh engines used about 1 qt. of oil, but the newer ones used about 20 oz. You are going to have to figure out which engine you have.

I double checked. It is 30 yrs old. I married into it 14 yrs ago. I will figure 1 quart of 30W. Thanks a bunch. And I won't say 6.75 HP anymore.

dana a

Threads
I double checked. It is 30 yrs old. I married into it 14 yrs ago. I will figure 1 quart of 30W. Thanks a bunch. And I won't say 6.75 HP anymore.

It may not hold a whole quart of oil. If you haven't drained the oil you might note how much you take out but the easiest thing is to do like I said before. I'm going to make the assumption that a 30 year old mower doesn't have a dip stick but just a hole to pour the oil into. The hole has a slot part way up the hole probably just below the threads. The correct oil level should be up to the bottom of that slot.