question on 721D

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
Glad to hear that it worked out for you.
My concern was climbing the hill maybe it is not as high a percentage as you thought.
I don't recall you saying what the hours are but a 14 year old 721D for $3200.00 sound reasonable to me.
I agree with Kenny T-6 would be a good choice for oil.
I have never tried the gator blades so not qualified to say if they are good or not.
I read where some like them and others don't so I guess you will just have to give them a try.

This 721D 'Hopper is a 1997 and has 903.4 hours on it.

Now I think I'll start picking brains about the snow blower & little bully dozer attachments!:licking:

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
I found these tires at tires-easydotcom for $75.40 ea., shipping is $10/tire.

ALLTRAIL.jpg

These Carlisle All-Trails are the same ones I put on back of my Deere GT235. They have excellent traction and I'm thinking they won't tear up the lawn doing the zero turns as much as the stock bar treads do. Maybe I should get a set of used rims and have them mounted so I can swap out to the bar treads in winter?

I also found what seems to be a good deal on a set of 3 gator/predator blades for the 72" deck on ebay:
GRASSHOPPER MAGNUM GATOR BLADE SET 72" DECKS | eBay

I would also like a ROPS for my own peace of mind and as a "just-in-case" while mowing slopes, ditches and in my woods, but a new unit from the local Grasshopper dealer(s) is $275!!! Whew! I think I'll do some measuring and sketch up something I can fab with pipe and a welder for a lot less. Anyone care to take some measurements of the height & width of a stock GH721 ROPS so that I can get a good fit for a home-fabbed unit? Thank you!

Also... anyone care to share links for affordable parts on the web and any reliable webdealers for used GH attachments? ($1800+ for a snowthrower is way out of my league!)