How do you gas pressure washer to apply pesticides?

pham411@yahoo.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a big yard and been using the hand sprays but it takes too long. I have a pressure washer and are trying to figure out the way to use it to apply pesticides. Any suggestion?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes,
Don't even think about it.

99.99% chance you will bugger your pump

Pressure washer are designed to deliver a lot of water at a very high flow rate and pressure.

Sprayers are designed to deliver a tiny amount of liquid at a much higher pressure and substantial lower flow rate.

12V spray packs are not expensive and usually come with a much longer wand to keep your lungs a lot further away from what you are spraying which is usually a good idea with herbicides and even better with insecticides.
Not hard to fab up a rack to go on your ride on and power it from your battery

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Besides the risk to your health you also lose the ability to correctly control your spray rate .making chemical less affective .My set up with the cluster nozzle was less than 250 for complete setup

RDA.Lawns

Threads
ForumRunner_20160812_105238.png

pham411@yahoo.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you get rid of these weeds?

I have St Augustine grass and these weeds keep growing with it (pictures below). What would you use to get rid of just the weeds?

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 22

RDA.Lawns

Threads
A turf grass spray . There are several different ones available. Msma works well. However I would not do anything until early spring. Herbicides don't work in cool weather.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: How do you get rid of these weeds?

I have St Augustine grass and these weeds keep growing with it (pictures below). What would you use to get rid of just the weeds?

That is not strictly a weed
That is a winter grass that grows faster than St Augstine in cooler weather.
Usually a lawn will need several different varieties of grass to maintain a nice green cover year round.
You need an early season, mid season, late season & winter grass varieties and they may even be all varieties of St Augstine.
At each part of the season , one variety will grow faster than the others and this is most previlant when the temperature drops and the bulk of the grasses stop growing.
So just mow it.

johnmoody

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How do you gas pressure washer to apply pesticides?
Hi, we spray pesticides with the help of mechanical spray.

RetireeRon

Threads
Yes,
Don't even think about it.

99.99% chance you will bugger your pump

Pressure washer are designed to deliver a lot of water at a very high flow rate and pressure.

Sprayers are designed to deliver a tiny amount of liquid at a much higher pressure and substantial lower flow rate.

12V spray packs are not expensive and usually come with a much longer wand to keep your lungs a lot further away from what you are spraying which is usually a good idea with herbicides and even better with insecticides.
Not hard to fab up a rack to go on your ride on and power it from your battery

^^^^^^^^^^
This right here is your answer. Either buy yourself a 12v, and they aren't that expensive, or use a drop spreader and go granular. Pressure washers are not the right tool for what you're wanting to do!