2014 725d t6 engine dies when pto engaged any help out there

1mstrb

Threads
  • / 2014 725d t6 engine dies when pto engaged any help out there
Hello there
My machine has 300 hrs on it I used it today for about 5 hours ran fine no issues went to change the blades and put in the shed and machine would not even run I had to slide the fuel shut off switch over to get it back to the shop the mower will run now by itself I pull pto switch it kills it I have traced wires for rubbing on frame none I cleaned the ground wires bolted to the engine .I'M Stumped I'm sure it's something simple Im just needing a little help with the problem Yes I did get a new pto switch waste of money not the problem Your help would be greatly helpful Thank you for your time

Jack17

Threads
You've got 3-year unlimited hours commercial and/or 4-year 800hrs residential warranty! Why think twice? Pick up a phone and schedule service with your dealer.

173abn

Threads
almost sounds like the pto is bad...russ

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The PTO is connected to the seat and the engine.
IF the mower thinks you are not in the drivers seat it shuts down so you can not shove your hand into the discharge chute to clean it out with the blades spinning.
And yes we get about 20 of these idiots reported down here annually.
Probably goes into hundreds in not thousands over there.

As previously mentioned, take it back.

1mstrb

Threads
The PTO is connected to the seat and the engine.
IF the mower thinks you are not in the drivers seat it shuts down so you can not shove your hand into the discharge chute to clean it out with the blades spinning.
And yes we get about 20 of these idiots reported down here annually.
Probably goes into hundreds in not thousands over there.

As previously mentioned, take it back.

I happen to have 5 of these mowers this last one i got the 725d t6 i got from a local dealer which dont have a real repair person fot the mowers they sell I have taken the mower to the dealer and had problems with starting they replaced the fuel solinoid .claimed it was fixed not then took it back they had it for a month said my injectors were bad I ended up paying for the injectors because they said my fuel was bad I got from Coop off road But all my other mower work just fine with the same fuel So Much for the warrenty .I don't Trust the dealer The next dealer is hour away and because I did not buy it from him there is a bit of friction there .
I happen to have some one sitting on the mower as I test the wiring the ele clutch works with a hot lead to it . so i have been looking into the wire loom up to fuse box the fuse was loose and worked of and on did what i can I still feel it is a ground wire in the harness.