Honda HRT216 Clutch Cable Adjustment

catsclaw009

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi:

I have a Honda HRT216/Serial # MZCG-6381880.

This will be the 4th time I've replaced the clutch cable on this mower. I am able to replace the cable just fine, minus a few swear words, but I can't seem to find any info on whether the cable needs to be positioned/adjusted in a certain way.

I've attached a photo of where the cable snaps in the same place each time.

Any counsel would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy

Honda cable.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi:

I have a Honda HRT216/Serial # MZCG-6381880.

This will be the 4th time I've replaced the clutch cable on this mower.

I assume you're using a genuine Honda cable, yes? What is the part number on the package (there were different ones depending on the mower s/n).

Here's the lever freeplay adjustment procedure:

28082453513_7de4fa67bc_o.png

NoMoMowin

Threads
The clutch cable on my HRT216 SDA became loose a few months after I replaced the transmission. It had been used for I know now how long in push mode before I bought it and replace the transmission. The drive won't engage now, or only partially, and there way too much slack in the cable. My cable holder on the handle doesn't seem to permit ANY adjustment. Could something have been changed, parts-wise? I've now got a new transmission but a cable that won't operate it. I can depressed the cable manually (with the handle engaged) and eke a bit of slack out and get some engagement, but not enough. Suggestions? Seems as if my (old) cable may have actually stretched. Thanks.