Toro E-Cycler popping breaker

sundance4@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new here hoping to get some good advice. I just picked up a Toro E-Cycler ( Model 20360) mower at a yard sale. It looks like it has hardly been used but it's not working as it should. When I run it the breaker on the mower pops after about 15 to 20 sec. There are only 2 components in the electrical circuit (on the mower), the batteries and the motor. I am thinking it is the motor (the wires are hot after the breaker pops as well) but before I spend $100 on a motor I wanted to see what others had to say. Would old batteries that will not hold a full charge cause the motor to draw to much current and pop the breaker as well?

Thanks,

Steve

noma

Threads
Hi Steve

Well come aboard hope you enjoy the place. On your mower i was thinking you might have a short some where between the motor and the battery or motor, if you could use a different battery then that would determine if its the motor or the battery. How do all the wires look , and does the blade look like it runs straight, wonder if someone hit something with the blade and bent it or the shaft. When it does work does it vibrate any? Can you check the volts when it running and see how many it pulls that could be why it popping the breaker? Well a couple thing you could check out first. good luck:licking:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also check how freely the blade turns by hand... check for things wrapped around the shaft at the motor binding it up...
If everything external looks ok it is time to look inside, check brushes, brush holders, check if the magnets are loose from the case OR if one of them is cracked... if a bushing, bearing is worn... there are only a few things that will cause an over amp trip... bad battery is not one of them... :smile:KennyV