foam filled tires

greenguy

Threads
Anyone have the front tires filled with foam? Got my first flat yesterday,less than 5 hrs on the machine.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Foam would work .I have solid front tires on all my zero turns

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I fill mine with slime. That way I can still run low pressure.

Buckethead

Threads
Foam filled tires from dealer are expensive. I have heard that you can get them filled with soft foam for $35 per tire but I haven't checked it out. Anyone heard of this ?

Psychlopath

Threads
I fill mine with slime.

I use this gunk as well. Even with very questionable tires, if I have a marginal tube and tire slime I can get several seasons out of them. It's not like these tires (or mine, at least) have to deal with a lot of stress.

Cheap and easy, just the way I like it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why are you getting so many flat tires. It seems to me your best thing would be to limit the cause. Foam filled tires are only going to give you a hard ride.

Buckethead

Threads
What is soft foam?

I understand it is the type foam like the black pipe insulation. Still has some give but does not need air. I don't have any stickers in my yard so I probably wont get too serious on the subject. Worth checking on instead of buying solid ones.

greenguy

Threads
Why are you getting so many flat tires. It seems to me your best thing would be to limit the cause. Foam filled tires are only going to give you a hard ride.
I have had only one flat from an unknown cause, I am just curious as to preventative measures that are available. I am not able to inspect every square inch where I mow @ my son in laws farm.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have had only one flat from an unknown cause, I am just curious as to preventative measures that are available. I am not able to inspect every square inch where I mow @ my son in laws farm.

No one is able to inspect ever square inch. Yes I have had my share of flat tires. But if you are getting a flat tire ever time you mow and need foam tires I guess that is your pleasure, I say go for it. Got to be like riding a hard tail Harley Davidson, some people love it. Just something I wouldn't care for myself. I run 8 psi in my tires for a easier ride.