Honda HRX217HXA hard to make right turns.

adams

Threads
When you try to make a turn to the right after reaching the end of the yard the mower just wants to go straight. If you lift the front and try to force it to the right the right rear wheel just skids as its locked up during that maneuver. No problem to the left, pulling the mower straight back or going straight forwards. Any ideas where to start looking.

Honda HRX217HXA

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any ideas where to start looking.

Honda HRX217HXA

I'll pull off the rear wheels, adjusters, pinion gear,. etc. and really, REALLY get in there an clean clean clean. Carefully inspect all the removed parts fo wear, breaking, damage, etc. Replace any part(s) that are questionable. LIGHTLY lubricate. Honda sells paper-only shop manuals, which have all the175 pages of details, specs, and is lavishly illustrated. Precision typeset instructions are made from billet ASCII characters and fonts. :laughing:

Here's a peek:
27855365903_d7604d9ffa_o.png

Paper copies are available directly from Honda via eBay or Amazon:
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

adams

Threads
Thanks for your help, I was able to dissemble the rear wheels and did find one of the inside snap rings had come out of its groove allowing the drive axle to slip sideways wearing the pinion gear washer which caused the ratchet key to jam. I installed new snap rings, pinion gear washers, Pinion gears, ratchet keys & rear wheels. Seem to work great again and should be good for another 10 years! Thanks again for all you help and that breakdown picture.

Adam